Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Jumping jacks kill my knees, but I do the best I can!

I know!!! I thought I was gonna die doing the jumping jacks/jump rope.. I honestly believe that's the hardest part of the whole workout lol

I definitely agree with you there! I'm on day three and I'm on my way to get real hand weights right now, I've just been using things around the house :P
  • LaDeeDaDoLa
    LaDeeDaDoLa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found her workout today, and I started today. My legs already feel like jello, but I'm hoping that the end results will be worth it. I'm trying to lose the weight I gained over the summer and winter. I had lost 15 pounds, but then it crept back. The past few months have been extremely stressful, so I'm hoping I can stick with this. Also, how can this workout be recorded into exercise? I couldn't find some of the things in the database.
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    Day 2 done!
    Good thing I did the workout smack in the morning. Otherwise I dont think I would have been able to.
    First day was a killer, today was better but the cardio was the hardest! I can do everything else but those are just killers!
    Hoping endurance will go up and the pain in my butt will go down - literally!!
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    Hey!
    look for JM 30DS in the exercise forums. I found something there..
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    Day 3 - so much more endurance!
    I made it through the workout with 2 stops - I cant do the transverse ab one and the bicycle crunches are hard but Im hoping tomorrow will be better. Sweat was pouring off me so Im hoping that the inches are too :)
  • zembre3
    zembre3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love that workout, I'm on level 1.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I tried last week and did 10 minutes of level 1. Two days ago did all of it. Will do it again tonight. Hopefully in another week feel ok to do it every day but for now I'm shooting for every other day and mixig in other exercises.
  • aortiz1112
    Options
    My problem is I CAN NOT do push ups... No matter how hard I try and do them, I can't master it..

I started this back last year and did 3 days and give up, I refuse to give up this time!! I will push myself to keep going.. I just wish I could do those freaking push ups..

Try doing them against the wall :smile:
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 level one. I struggle with the push ups as well but keep trying its getting easier.. and the push are great for your core!!
    Good luck , you can do it !
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10450-30-day-shred-partners

There are 105 of us in different levels of 30 DS feel free to join our group!! :)
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I actually finding the running man harder to do then the pushupss.. it hard to keep doing it for long period of timelol
  • heyroach
    Options
    Level 1 day 4. I read that Jillian Michaels herself said that the "30 day" part of the title was more marketing and she recommended it be done as follows:

2 days body shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days body shred, 1 day rest.

I went and got the biggest loser cardio max dvd for 5 bucks at walmart to use as my cardio. that DVD is also SUPER challenging!

I did 2 days Jillian, 1 day cardio max, and now just finished day 4 of Jillian. Not really wanting a rest day though, so I'll still be doing cardio tomorrow. I'm taking dance and zumba classes.
  • brenda446
    Options
    I also tried to do the 30 day shred. I thought I was going to die!!! I only did 3 days & by that day my legs hurt so bad, I couldn't even walk up & down steps!!! I am thinking about starting up again on Monday. I REALLY want this to work. I have set small goals for my self so I know that this workout will help ALOT!!!! So with that said & all of this support I think I 'm ready to give it another go round!!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LaDeeDaDoLa
    LaDeeDaDoLa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Level one Day two. My upper legs are still dying from yesterday's workout, but I powered through it! :D How much has everyone lost so far? I'm curious to see how well it actually works.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd day of level 1 and Jillian is kicking my *kitten* >.< I feel like a jerk for letting myself get this out of shape lol but its a very very good workout.
  • stephsarno
    Options
    Started 30 day shred on Monday (1/7) and this is Day 6!! The comparison is keeping me motivated!

24 more days to go! Will keep you posted on progress!
  • stephsarno
    Options
  • louisenash12
    louisenash12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeyyyyy day six of 30DS and I did not stop once :) this is massive for me. I am so chuffed with myself hehe whoop whoop :D
  • NATASHABALL86
    Options
    hi im doing the 30day shred too im on day 4 :) i do it when the kids are in bed and i walk loads doing the school runs
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just did Level 1 Day 1, I had to stop to catch my breath a few times, but I did it without puking (even though I felt like I was going to once) :happy: