chicken breast ideas

Options

Replies

• princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Slice lengthways, stuff with low fat cream cheese and chopped ham, bake in the oven.

Also, I've never tried it myself, but I've heard good reviews about Diet Coke chicken - http://littlemissjess91.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/diet-coke-chicken.html
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been making chicken stuffed with feta cheese and some spinich that's been sauteed in garlic, and bake....its AMAZING! I throw a little seasoning on the outside too...
  • bgale718
    bgale718 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Put chicken in the crock pot with salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours and the chicken will shred nicely. Easy and yummy!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    salt, pepper, a liitle olive oil... brown on both sides. Delicious!! use on salads, eat plain with sides, or top with bacon and cheese.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    im not that good of a cook...need ideas of what to do with chicken breast...

Dude chicken breast can get so boring. I hooked this up this week, i could live on it.

Lebanese Schwarma
    2.5 lbs of thinly cut skinless boneless chicken breast
    ½ cup of lemon juice
    3 tablespoons of white vinegar
    1 head of garlic, crushed
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    1 to 1.5 teaspoons of salt (or to taste)
    ½ of crushed/powder oregano (or thyme)
    1 teaspoon of paprika
    ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
    A pinch of nutmeg powder

Have them butterfly the chicken and marinate it overnight or 8 hours
    Grill on medium heat for 13 minutes.

Forget about it! You can add this to a kale salad with tahini dressing, or basmati rice, or make your own gyro sandwich with it.
  • kevinbunny
    Options
    Its really good with low cal Philly cheese in the middle, mix it with any left over veg (brocollis good) and cook in the oven, or, butterfly the breast, add salt and pepper, smear with minced garlic and parsley and grill, also good!
  • sexycani2
    sexycani2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use my George Foreman grill alot. I like to season my chicken breast(boneless) with a little salt, black pepper, paparika etc. or whatever seasoning you like. I also let it marinate for about 15-30 mins. Also, a great source is to look up chicken breast recipes and pinterest has been a great source as well.
  • andreamarie1984
    Options
    I throw mine in a glass baking dish in the am with some fat free Italian dressing to marinate till I'm ready to bake them on 350. You can sprinkle different seasonings to your liking to give it more flavor. Serve with salad or rice & veggies... yummy.
  • sljohn84
    sljohn84 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just tried something new the other day, take chicken breast spray them with either pam or butter spray and cover them in instant mashed potatoes (obviously just the dry flakes), then spray them again and cook for about 20 minutes on 350. I broiled them for a few minutes to get the tops crunchy. It was really tasty :smile:
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The EASIEST thing to do with chicken is also one of the most tasty.

1) Slap the chicken in a oven pan (I love using pampered chef stone ware)
    2) Sprinkle generously with any or all of the following: Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Pepper, Paprika
    3) Stick it in a 350 oven and cook until the thermometer reads 170 F
    IMPORTANT - use the thermometer and take it out immediately once it reads 170 - approx 30 mins. Most reasons you need a heavy sauce with chicken is cause you've dried the crap out of it cooking it too long - chicken is very moist and juicy if cooked just long enough - no longer!!
    Eat - LOVE this for nights I need dinner ready in a hurry and I don't want heavy sauce or breading!!
    Boil some quinoa and steam veggies on the side and you have an AWESOME meal!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been making chicken stuffed with feta cheese and some spinich that's been sauteed in garlic, and bake....its AMAZING! I throw a little seasoning on the outside too...

Wow. I want to try this over the weekend. It sounds amazing. Thanks!
  • ditkanate
    ditkanate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite is BBQ grilled, but I also LOVE Mexican food, so I've been throwing chicken breasts in the crockpot in the morning, adding some salsa and letting it cook while I'm at work. When I get home it's ready to go and I either top a plate of mixed greens and veggies with it or I make fajitas.

Can I ask what kind of salsa you use and how much? Like a jar of Pace or something, or do you use fresh? This sounds really simple and I'd love to try it. Just set the crock pot on high and leave it?
  • tikkathyme
    tikkathyme Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Dude chicken breast can get so boring. I hooked this up this week, i could live on it.

Lebanese Schwarma
    ½ cup of lemon juice
    1 teaspoon of paprika
    A pinch of nutmeg powder

Forget about it! You can add this to a kale salad with tahini dressing, or basmati rice, or make your own gyro sandwich with it.

That sounds amazing-I will have to try it.
  • caughey1
    Options
    rub with olive oil and coat with cajun spice leave in fridge for at least twenty minutes. Grill until nice and golden. You can let this go cold and slice thinly and put in salad, or leave whole and use in a hamburger. Its really yummy
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Thomas Keller's Chicken Breasts with Tarragon. I have made it several times and it's always fantastic.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/08/thomas-kellers-chicken-breasts-with-tarragon.html
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

Lebanese Schwarma
    ½ cup of lemon juice
    1 teaspoon of paprika
    A pinch of nutmeg powder

Stolen.
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas...looks like I'm set for a while haha
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I make chicken pizzas!

Flatten some chicken breasts so they're very thin. Cover with tomato paste, top with your favourite pizza toppings - I like capsicum, mushrooms, olives, feta and semi-dried tomatoes. Cook in a moderate oven (I always use baking paper under it, makes for easier lifting and cleaning) for as long as it takes to brown, et voila!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you can find lemon grass paste and chili paste- mix a table spoon of each and put in a large Ziplock bag with 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (you can even cube them up for faster cooking) Add them to the bag and close it tightly. Squish everything up so the paste is distributed well. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 min. Then bake at 350*F on a cookie sheet that is lined in foil (no cleanup!) sprayed with non stick spray, or cook in a pan on the stove w/ non stick spray. You can make a few bags at once and freeze them to cook later.

I portion out the chicken i buy into bags and add different seasonings to each one. (Garlic and pepper, Italian herbs, BBQ sauce, Rosemary, even just plain salt and pepper.) Getting the Value size/Max Pack of chicken saves money, and you will have plenty of individual portions frozen and ready to go. Just pull one out the night before and let it thaw in the fridge.

If you cut the chicken into cubes before seasoning and freezing you can dump it right into a pot of soup still frozen! I put the whole ones in too, and remove once they are cooked, chop it up and put it back in the soup.