Weight Training

Options
Hi,

im new to this site and got to say im impressed, but i have a question. How come when you enter details of weight training that it says you havent burned calories?

im probably going to answer my own question but is this because its impossible to tell the intensity?

cheers

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You can enter it in the cardio section under "Strength Training", but you're right - you pretty much did answer your own question. It's nearly impossible to get an accurate gauge of how many calories you burned because there are so many variables. If you really feel the need to enter it, call it a couple hundred calories and leave it at that.
  • evilscotsman83
    evilscotsman83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for replying.

im not bothered about adding them as i know strength training helps tones and ups your metabolism as you gain was just curious that it didnt show cals burned.
  • alikstick
    Options
    I have been seeing a personal trainer. they say that the AVERAGE person burns 300 cals in 30 min doing cardi, and 350 doing weights. just to give you an idea. strenght training is def. the way to go since it will also increase your fat burning throughought the day!