5'10 and starting out after a bad gain

Options
I'm 24 years old 5'10 with a starting weight of 175. I am not huge by all means but I have a spare tire...of course the worst part to lose.
SW - 175
GW - 145

I have a small frame and my eating habits of course are not that great. I got down to 160 the first time around and then I just don't know what happened...because now i'm at 175. I had a baby July 2011 beautiful baby girl and I only gained 22 pounds with her. but after I had her those 22 pounds didn't drop...i didn't carry water like most women and no swelling.

As of Monday I started a new goal and that is 10 pounds by valentines day. I want to start my journey but I don't want to be the one that says my first goal is 50 pounds...to me that is unrealistic. I am currently doing a 30 day Zumba challenge. going to do some strength training on top of that. Going to kick *kitten* and get my before baby body back.

Any suggestions as to what I should or could do to keep from my frequent snacking. I have dropped soda..I am allowed one small drink a week. its my treat. What drinks are good to drink that won't cause the bloating or cause fat build up. I need something with a sweet taste.

Also I love my fatty foods. mac and cheese, potatoes, lasagna, and spaghetti are my favorites and i will be honest that is one thing I won't give up. I'm american lol those are foods that have always been in my diet even when I was at my lowest weight of 135.

That is a little about me if you want to add me or just give me some advice I would love to hear it.

THANKS and good luck on everyones journey.

Heather

Replies

• fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the board :happy:

I know how you feel. I have lost a bit of weight but seem to have gone down a slippery slope since xmas. I now have to lose the four pounds but even worse I can feel myself getting back to my old mentality. But I have been through this before and the best thing to do is start a fresh and stay motivated.

My advice is that you should still eat your favourite foods but cut the portion size. This may be difficult at first but gradually you should get used to it. I love bread and crumpets. When I started I would two crumpets but now I only need one.

The other day at the supermarket, I had a craving for Pizza. Most of the calories were 300-500 for half a Pizza I ended up finding a slightly smaller one which was only 320 calories for the whole pizza. Afterwards I was so happy as I had calories left. Even a hundred calories can make a difference.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 years old 5'10 with a starting weight of 175. I am not huge by all means but I have a spare tire...of course the worst part to lose.
    SW - 175
    GW - 145

I have a small frame and my eating habits of course are not that great. I got down to 160 the first time around and then I just don't know what happened...because now i'm at 175. I had a baby July 2011 beautiful baby girl and I only gained 22 pounds with her. but after I had her those 22 pounds didn't drop...i didn't carry water like most women and no swelling.

As of Monday I started a new goal and that is 10 pounds by valentines day. I want to start my journey but I don't want to be the one that says my first goal is 50 pounds...to me that is unrealistic. I am currently doing a 30 day Zumba challenge. going to do some strength training on top of that. Going to kick *kitten* and get my before baby body back.

Any suggestions as to what I should or could do to keep from my frequent snacking. I have dropped soda..I am allowed one small drink a week. its my treat. What drinks are good to drink that won't cause the bloating or cause fat build up. I need something with a sweet taste.

Also I love my fatty foods. mac and cheese, potatoes, lasagna, and spaghetti are my favorites and i will be honest that is one thing I won't give up. I'm american lol those are foods that have always been in my diet even when I was at my lowest weight of 135.

That is a little about me if you want to add me or just give me some advice I would love to hear it.

THANKS and good luck on everyones journey.

Heather

Hey there! My advice on the snacking is to plan every meal... I will even prelog some of my food ahead of time. Personally, when I'm counting calories I drink vodka and soda water with limes. An ounce of stoli has 69 calories. They have flavored ones for a bit more calories since you said you wanted sweet. For your favorite foods, skinny taste.com has a recipe for zucchini lasagna that is amazing, as well as other recipes with the things you like.

Water. Water. Water.