Hello!

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm a 33 year old mother of 2. My oldest boy will be 4 next week and my youngest little dude is 7 months.
I out on 3 stone on my first pregnancy and it fell right off me, I put on 4 stone with my latest pregnancy, 2 fell off me and I am struggling with the last 2. At the moment I weigh 144pounds.
I am only 5ft so ideally I'd like to be at 126lbs.

Last week I cut out bread, and I am eating very carefully and I notice a huge difference, especially in my kangaroo pouch belly. My baby was 9lb 14oz so it was well stretched!

I sit at a desk in work all day. I do an hour long aerobics class every monday night and I have ordered the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred online. I am really motivated by all the before and after photos.
I also ordered ripped in 30, I have such great plans!

I have rhumatoid arthritis so realistically I may be missing work outs but I'll get straight back on the wagon once the pain has eased.

At the moment my routine is as follows:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 banana
Lunch: ham, cheese, onion in a ww wrap, tin of ww soup, yogurt
Dinner: ww frozen meal, or a small portion of whatever I am making for the family
Snacks: clemintines, apple.
Water: 2 litres per day.

Id love all your suggestions and comments on my eating and also, I am getting sick of the boiled eggs. Any other suggesttions?
I find once I stay off bread and breakfast cereals I feel great. I bring breakfast to lunch with me and eat it at my desk.

Look forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully I'll be posting successful before and after photos in the not too distant furure!!

Replies

• NudlBea
    NudlBea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here as well, your plan sounds great, tough though! I am sticking to calorie counting, high protein, low fat and cutting off carbs in the afternoon- evening (from 2pm on), which is the way a personal trainer I had a couple years back suggested. I hope it works! I had a miscarriage a couple weeks back, and I think my hormones are still a bit crazy and making me gain weight by just breathing bc my eating habits have not changed, although I did stop working out due to injury and during the duration of my pregnancy. Hard boiled eggs are always a great breakfast choice, though, they fill u up so much! Good luck!!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just started here and back on my healthy eating a week ago. You can do it. Because of you RA, you might try some Leslie Sansone walking videos for those days that you find the tougher workouts to much. She is great and keeps you moving. You can do as much or as little as you feel you can.

For breakfast you can try eggs in a cup. Its quick and easy. Scramble and egg and put it in a coffee/tea cup, add onion, peppers etc (what ever you like) and put it in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and put it in for another 30 seconds or until it is done the way you like it. I add all kinds of veggies and sometimes some 2% cheese.

Best of luck to you
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am also trying to get back to eating healthy. Between June 2011 and Dec 2011 I lost 18kgs - and then spent the last year putting 6kgs back on. I have continued with the running I started but not kept up with the proper eating (You can't outrun a bad diet!).

So, trying to get back into eating healthy. Semi-Paleo but also trying to cut out carbs (mostly BREAD!).

Wishing you all the best for a healthy, thinner 2013!
  • Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely replies.Nudlbea, sorry to hear about your miscarraige, it muct be tough, but you seem so focussed, even by just logging onto this site!

I rooted around and found a recipe for egg muffin type things, I think I'll make a batch on Sunday night for next weeks breakfasts!
    Although that scrambled egg in a cup sounds fantastic.

The paleo diet is something completely new to me, I never heard of it before!
    I want to stay relatively low carb, even just to stay away from bread and cereals, although I do love mashed spud with my dinner.

My weigh in days are Wednesday mornings so hopefully I'll have some good news.
    Its nice to know we are all starting afresh, we're all in it together!