Joint pain advice pelase

Options
Hi Guys,

I was doing side lunges as part of my daily exercises on Sunday and my knee made a kinda crunching sound, i finished and thought nothing of it until the next day when i was aching a little so skipped my exercise to let it heal.

Daily since then it has got progressively worse, it hurts a little with pressure or bending the leg and is agony when straightening it. Walking/hobbling isn't too painful but walking up and down the stairs brings tears to my eyes!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to relieve some of the pain & maybe how long i'm looking at for recovery? I don't want to miss out on any more daily exercise routines if possible but at the moment i just cant use that leg at all!

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    go in for leg extension without any weight..... it helped me to a great extent ....... do 15 counts of 3 sets ........ ur knee would me good in no time..........
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Nobody can diagnose you over the internet, go see a physio.

Do reverse lunges in the future, less pressure on the knee.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Go to the Dr. if resting it doesn't help.
  • iamthecatsass
    Options
    See a doctor and until then put ice on it for no more than 15 minutes at a time. Usually that is the best thing to do immediately after injuring. Hot baths to get the blood flow moving.
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Rest it for a few days and see how it goes - if it doesn't get better go I'd go to a physio as soon as you can. I did some real damage to my knee a few years back and the doctor told me it was just a soft tissue injury and to wait 6 weeks......physio diagnosed it correctly and I had to push the doctor to refer me to a orthopedic surgeon!
  • monkeybuddha
    monkeybuddha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor and or physio as you can't really tell over the internet what the problem is. Rest so you have time to heal. Maybe try using something like comfrey ointment to help with the pain and recovery.
  • NataBee
    NataBee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'll leave it a bit longer before heading the docs, don't want to waste their time or take time off work.