Women who are 220lbs + ... What's your workout regime ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hi ,

I'm 5'4 and 229lbs , i do a rotation of tae-bo one day and running (20 min) the next. I'm on week 2 of this . My plan is to add 1 spinning class from week 4/5 . I find running is fine on my knees , so never go the ''if your heavier , running isn't good for ur knees'' advice.

What's your regime ?

I have had quite a few setbacks while working out too much at the beginning. In October, I started right off the bat walking 4-6 miles and ended up with a stress fracture in the top of my foot. A couple of years ago, a week after I ran my first 5k, I fell and hurt myself so badly I ended up having to have shoulder and ankle surgeries. So, while I am not taking it easy, I am not over doing it. I am not walking or jogging on the treadmill, but I will do an hour on the elliptical (easier on joints) or bike or do a combo of each (on a mid to high setting). After I get some of this weight off, I plan on going back to classes (spinning or Zumba).

I restarted my program here at MFP mid December 2012 at 237 and this morning I weighed 226 :):):) Yay!!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm 232 and I run :) I did it when I started two years ago at 243, lost 50lbs between dancing, walking, running, and 30 Day Shred. Got pregnant Nov 2011 just as I was about to finish my half marathon training. I'm almost starting over again in both weight loss and running. So right now I'm doing couch to 5k (again), Just Dance 2, and kettlebells. Then I start up my half marathon training again Jan 27th and on my cross train day I'll do kettlebells.