One week down... A lifetime to go!

Options
This is my 1st week using MFP and i'm pleased with the results. I've been following the calorie recommendation for a 1 lb weightloss and in my first week i've lost 8 lbs! Granted I know most of it is probably water weight but i'll take the loss. 8 lbs lost - 76 lbs to go. :) YAY!

Replies

• RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well done! The first week is one of the hardest. Now if you just keep the will power, you'll go a long way. And there's a lot of awesome people here for motivation, so get adding! :P

Good Luck!
  • newlyf
    newlyf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job! In the first couple of weeks we do tend to lose more. I have now balanced out to 1-2 lbs. per week. It's a slow process...but it's so worth it! I've had to learn patience is key! :laugh: Good luck with your continued success!! :drinker:
  • phillipspage
    phillipspage Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nice job! The first week or two were kind of hard for me, but now it's just part of my daily routine--logging food and exercise and monitoring my macros. When you make it a habit that's when you start to see the changes! Best of luck :)
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It's only my second week but I'm here to say that my head is still in it so my body follows suit.
    I feel like the first week is soooo motivating, hoping my 2nd week weigh in is too but I've had a lot of NSV's so far and I feel great so even if it doesn't budge, I'm sticking with it.
    Oh, and I also found out I'm quite the cook ;)
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome! Congratulations on your 8 lb loss! As far as I'm concerned, if you are trying to lose, ANY loss is a good thing - regardless!
  • cstrickland68
    Options
    Great job. This is my first week. I started on Monday a.m. I'm finding that it's getting easier. The first couple of days were so hard.
  • MelissaM528
    MelissaM528 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Yes, the first few days were rough. I've lost weight before by counting points on Weight Watchers but counting calories is new to me so there was a bit of a learning curve and i'm still new so i'm sure i'll learn a lot more as time goes on.
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss. Good for you! Keep up in the good work!
  • kbelliot
    kbelliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa, congrats on the 8lb loss. This is my first week too and I am down 5lbs since I started on Monday (praise God)! I couldn't belive it when I looked at the scale this morning. Good luck and I wish you continued success with your weight loss. :smile:
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great loss for week 1!
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats on 8 lbs down! I'm on my first week right now.......hope I have a loss when I weigh in on Monday. I used to do WW, but this seems easier to me. It would be even easier if I had a smart phone! Hopefully I can afford one after we get married and have two incomes to cover the bills.
    I really like MFP and am looking forward to using it for a long time!
  • PaulineKK
    Options
    Congrats, Melissa! I'm on my first week as well. Amazon says my scales and digital tape measure should be here tomorrow so I can start tracking my progress.

I understand what you are saying...a lifetime to go. I don't want to be on a diet, I want healthy eating and results to become my lifestyle. As soon as I say diet, I trigger something in my brain that rebels. So, I am changing my lifestyle...from mindless to mindful.

Good luck, all!
  • hhwnow
    hhwnow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First week for me too! Glad to hear that you had a great week! I hope that I can see your results! Keep it up!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Stick with it...you will see more and better results over the course of year. I lost somewhere around 50lbs last year...that is a hell of a lot of weight...I can do pullups now (I had never been able to before), I can ride a bike for 3 hours, and women I don't know come up to me and start conversations...you will love the results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!