Water Water Water

Good Morning,

I drink my 8 glasses of water a day however doing so I end up in the bathroom like every 15 to 20 mins once I start drinking around 10am. Does anyone else have this problem? I mean it's almost to the point where I dont want to drink so much water.

Replies

• terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    If this is something you just started then yes it is normal. In time you body will adjust and you will not have to pee as often! :)
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    think of the walk to the BR as extra exercise....I work on the 5th floor... and though there are bathrooms on everl level, I will walk down the stairs to 1st floor to use BR and then back up to 5th floor.....
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    No I've been drinking about 8 glasses of water regularly for about 10 years now. It has always been a bothersome but I have always done it and just dealt with it.

That's a good idea to walk to a different floor to use the rest room. Thanks!!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    just make it a game, see how clear you can get your pee lol
  • msfaithful
    msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
    If this is something you just started then yes it is normal. In time you body will adjust and you will not have to pee as often! :)

^^^THIS

I take in 128 oz daily and do not have to go as often as I use to. :flowerforyou:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    You don't have to drink 8 glasses of water on top of the other fluids you take in. As long as your urine is pale yellow you are fine. If you're drinking enough to have to pee every 15 minutes you're putting huge stress on your kidneys filtering all that and you can be depleting minerals that your body needs.

The average person gets plenty of fluid from the food they eat to start with so unless you've noticed signs of dehydration there's no reason to drink excessively. Did you know that an apple is 85% water? Drinking large amounts of water doesn't flush out fat or toxins as is commonly believed in the weight loss community.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Then don't drink so much water. 64 oz is just a rough guesstimate of the amount of water the average person needs. If you are drinking other liquids or eating a lot of foods that have a high water content (as many vegetables and most fruits do) there is a good chance you don't need that much, because the 'average' person doesn't eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.

If your urine is light to clear, you are getting enough water.
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    I have also heard that you are suppose to drink half of your weight (in ounces) of water a day.

Thank you for all your input.
  • You don't have to drink 8 glasses of water on top of the other fluids you take in. As long as your urine is pale yellow you are fine. If you're drinking enough to have to pee every 15 minutes you're putting huge stress on your kidneys filtering all that and you can be depleting minerals that your body needs.

The average person gets plenty of fluid from the food they eat to start with so unless you've noticed signs of dehydration there's no reason to drink excessively. Did you know that an apple is 85% water? Drinking large amounts of water doesn't flush out fat or toxins as is commonly believed in the weight loss community.

My grandmother is OBSESSED with drinking water..so much so that TWICE she has been rushed to the hospital (unresponsive) because her sodium levels were extremely low!! I aim to drink 8 glasses a day but if I don't then I'm not too worried about it. Even with that amount of water I still pee like a crazy person!

So in my opinion, I would just drink what you are comfortable with!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Ah I just wrote about this on my homepage! I;ve been drinking a ton of water (about 10-14 glasses plus 4 cups of tea) a day and pee like crazy! My friends told me it would pass with time as my body adjusted. Fingers crossed!
  • FullSpectrum1
    FullSpectrum1 Posts: 8 Member
    Keep drinking those 8 ounces. It will help with the hunger. As much salt that is in the foods you eat you don't need to worry about depleting your sodium levels.
    Water is key. Your body will adjust as the others say and the trips to the rest room will add to your 10,00 steps a day.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    I hate to break this to you, but you might want to sit down for this.

You have a baby bladder.
  • FullSpectrum1
    FullSpectrum1 Posts: 8 Member
    Try drinking your your first glass upon rising in the morning.