Juicing Questions!

Options
2»

Replies

• raegan1215
    Options
    i love my juicer! i don't juice fast or replace meals with juice though - i just think it tastes great and makes me feel wonderful. i like being able to use up all the leftover fruits and veggies from my week in one easy drink. i do buy organic but that's just personal preference. there are tons of juice recipes online but have fun with it! as a lifelong vegetarian, i'm always open to any new fruit or veggie recipe so i sometimes get wacky with my combinations...here are some basic ones:

my husband love fresh citrus juice in the morning (1 lemon, 1 grapefruit and 3 oranges)

another favorite - a butternut squash (peeled and de-seeded!) an apple and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

berries and apples. sometimes i throw in a pear if i have one laying around. or kiwis.

two cucumbers (peeled) with an apple and a lemon. one of my all time favorites especially in the summer - it's very light and refreshing and comes out in pretty colored layers.

watch the calories on fruit drinks though - they can add up quickly.

ps - make sure you clean your juicer immediately after using it!

good luck and have fun!
  • lkherna
    lkherna Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I juice almost every morning when I have time... It takes about 15 mins to prep, juice, and clean the machine so I would keep that in mind. I will usually grab 3-4 carrots, 3-4 stalks of celery, cucumber... beet if I have it... and an apple. I will randomly add in vegetables that I have in the fridge too. I do not use organic exclusively but if it looks better in the store then I will pay the extra money. I have found that when I have juice I don't need coffee which is weird since I love coffee! It seems to give me enough energy to get through the day so I don't question it!

A very good video to watch (on Netflix and Hulu) is Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was the reason I bought my juicer in the first place! Though I don't fast... tried it for one day and I thought I would go crazy if I didn't chew on something soon!
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I want to get a juicer so I can consume veggies that I don't really like and get the nutrients from them. I have low iron and low vitamin d, and I would rather start juicing then taking the supplements. I've also read that its good for people with IBS who have a hard time digesting the all the greens.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I juice almost every morning when I have time... It takes about 15 mins to prep, juice, and clean the machine so I would keep that in mind. I will usually grab 3-4 carrots, 3-4 stalks of celery, cucumber... beet if I have it... and an apple. I will randomly add in vegetables that I have in the fridge too. I do not use organic exclusively but if it looks better in the store then I will pay the extra money. I have found that when I have juice I don't need coffee which is weird since I love coffee! It seems to give me enough energy to get through the day so I don't question it!

A very good video to watch (on Netflix and Hulu) is Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was the reason I bought my juicer in the first place! Though I don't fast... tried it for one day and I thought I would go crazy if I didn't chew on something soon!

I loved Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My go to for juicing is half veggies, half fruit if you like the sweeter taste, which my husband and I do.

Our go to is apples, celery, and carrots. We make about 20 ounces of this most nights and eat it with lean protein to feel fuller. You can also substitute pears for the apples or make it all together! Hope you have fun and enjoy it as much as we do!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    add a sliver of ginger and lemon or lime to every juice. I add fruit to the veggie juices to make them more tasty and veggies to the fruit ones to calm down the sugar. Juicing has changed my life in so many ways. I believe myself to be the healthiest I have ever been. It is great for my kids too and helps them get their 6 a day in. I believe too many people eat too few fruits and veggies. The great thing about juicing is that you have soooo many different vitamins packed into one juice as opposed to eating just one pear. Plus you can juice so many things that you would not normally eat It also helps broaden your horizons. There are soooo many yummy fruits and veggies out there. Getting the ones in season can be divine. Experiment and find things you love. I absolutely loooove adding cinnamon to the morning juice. The veggies I add to my fruit juice are usually carrots and cucumber. mmmm
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Join the MFP Group "Be Juicy". We can help!