Hate water....

Options
13»

Replies

• gemstone4
    gemstone4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The tea is fine. It has healthy antioxidants. Adding fruit slices to water can sometimes make it more palatable.

Lately I have enjoyed putting frozen fruits instead of ice into my water.
    That was a solution I came up with for a friend who was pregnant (dangerous to be dehydated while pregnant) and hated drinking water (the same friend that ran in the '84 Olympics- go figure lol)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Look at your pee. If it is clear or a light yellow, than you are good. If it is a darker yellow - you need more hydration.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    How can anyone hate water since you need it to live? That's like hating oxygen.
    Anyway, I love water so I dont know helpful I could be on the subject, I myself don't care for flavor additives in my water.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I used to be on a diet where i had to drink 100 ounces of water a day. I hated that more than not eating! It was miserable running to the bathroom all day and night. I think it was crazy and I'll never do it again.. However..drinking water and keeping sodium lower seemed to really help me lose weight fast. I also think you need water to keep your body functioning in an optimal way.

Right now..I'm drinking water..but 8 glasses of water is pretty easy compared to 100 ounces. I also found that room temperature water goes down easy. If you start your day with a glass or two.. you find you get your 8 quick. I also think green tea or an herbal tea would be a great way to get your water in.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I drink water that tastes like beer - Miller 64.

Or is it beer that tastes like water?

Hmm............
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You body is over 50% water. I don't see the problem adding more :smile:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas. You might have noticed it gets hot here especially when we have a drought which we did last Summer. We live on a farm so we have to go out in it. Here they recommend one ounce of water per pound of body weight per day and also electrolytes. Believe me. There is no problem getting you to drink your water if you're out in 117 degree weather for several hours feeding and watering animals. When we lived in the city it was harder, however. The water was lake water instead of well water and over chlorinated. I used to have a filter on my tap and if I didn't want to use that I'd bring the water to a boil, let it cool down to lukewarm and pour it into a 2 liter bottle. It tasted much better that way the next day. I still drink a lot of water and it's Winter. It is not difficult for me to drink between 11-15 8 ounce glasses of water a day. That's only about half of what I drink in the Summer though. My favorite glass in Summer is 52 ounces and I do drink it constantly. Good luck getting your water in.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I add a zero calorie flavoring additive to my water, I drink about twice as much water as I would otherwise.

Mio Liquid
    Crystal Lite
    Propel water
    Just add lemon and a packet of splenda...

I drink that kind of stuff and it GREATLY increases my overall water intake. :)

The only problem I see with tea is the caffeine. Don't wanna over-caffeinate yourself. *shake* *twitch*
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I add a zero calorie flavoring additive to my water, I drink about twice as much water as I would otherwise.

Mio Liquid
    Crystal Lite
    Propel water
    Just add lemon and a packet of splenda...

I drink that kind of stuff and it GREATLY increases my overall water intake. :)

The only problem I see with tea is the caffeine. Don't wanna over-caffeinate yourself. *shake* *twitch*

^^ I do the same thing. I use Crystal light and lemon in my water at least once a day to add variety. I also drink two-three cups of tea (both caffeinated and decaffeinated) a day too. I do drink water plain. I cant drink flavored things when I run.. gives me a belly ache for some reason lol.