Trying to finally make it stick

Options
Hi everyone, I just joined the site this week. I had been attempting to keep a food journal manually, but heard about this site from a friend who loved it, and it has been great so far for me as well. I have lost 50 pounds in the past few years. I struggled with some eating disorder tendencies while doing it, which I'm trying my best to avoid this time. I only want to lose 10 to 20 more pounds. I have been the weight I wanted to be at before, but did it by crash dieting and withholding food; only to gain some of the weight back. I want to be able to lose the last few pounds in a safe, permanent way. I'll have to get used to not seeing huge numbers of weight loss on the scale, and accept that the last few pounds will take time. I just need some support in this endeavor in hopefully not falling back into the same traps that I have before. Thanks, good luck to all!

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! it is wonderful here! You can do it!
  • harborgirl
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined myself, and I think this site is great, too.

If you want some encouragement, just look at the success of my new friend ltlhmom, above! She told me that she's lost 31 pounds just since around New Year's!

I've done the semi-starving thing myself in the past, and it worked, but my hair started falling out and my skin looked unhealthy. Plus I quickly gained it all back and a whole lot more. Eating really low calories for any length of time can really do a number on your metabolism.
  • cwm518
    cwm518 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for your support. Weight loss can be difficult, but it is soooo worth it. Best wishes to all of you.