My mini success story.

Options
jhehle
jhehle Posts: 88 Member
Last year January 9th 2012 I was wearing a size 22 jeans. I know have those exact pants (from same store) in a size 14 comfortably. Still a long way to go, but im proud of that. I had gone from 246lbs to 194 lbs. I have sadly gained 15 over the fall/winter as i was slacking a bit, but now im ready to get back on track and aim for a healhier, smaller me :) Good luck to us all!~

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congrats! And you can get back on track :flowerforyou:
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment!! Congrats!
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Nothing mini about that! I started at the same place as you, 22/24 jeans and 253 pounds. Can't wait to lose another 20 and get to where you are now! Congrats!
  • coreymona
    Options
    I JUST STARTED MY FITNESS PAL AND IM ANXIOUS TO SEE HOW THE W/LOSS PLAN WILL WORK FOR ME. IVE DONE THE LOW CARB DIET SEVERAL TIMES. I DID LOSE THE WEIGHT PRETTY FAST BUT I GAINED IT BACK SOON AS I PUT A PIECE OF BREAD IN MY MOUTH. I HEARD OF MY FITNESS PAL FROM A FRIEND AND THE NEWS. I HEAR THIS IS THE NEXT BEST PLAN TO WEIGHT WATCHERS. IT TELLS ME TO EAT 1200 CALORIES A DAY TO LOSE 2 LBS A WEEK. I NEED TO KNOW DOES ANYONE COUNT THEIR FRUIT AND VEGGIES? I HEAR U CAN EAT AS MANY OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES U WANT. HELP ME PLEASE WITH THIS.
  • hayesjh01
    hayesjh01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! that's awesome...you can do it!!!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I JUST STARTED MY FITNESS PAL AND IM ANXIOUS TO SEE HOW THE W/LOSS PLAN WILL WORK FOR ME. IVE DONE THE LOW CARB DIET SEVERAL TIMES. I DID LOSE THE WEIGHT PRETTY FAST BUT I GAINED IT BACK SOON AS I PUT A PIECE OF BREAD IN MY MOUTH. I HEARD OF MY FITNESS PAL FROM A FRIEND AND THE NEWS. I HEAR THIS IS THE NEXT BEST PLAN TO WEIGHT WATCHERS. IT TELLS ME TO EAT 1200 CALORIES A DAY TO LOSE 2 LBS A WEEK. I NEED TO KNOW DOES ANYONE COUNT THEIR FRUIT AND VEGGIES? I HEAR U CAN EAT AS MANY OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES U WANT. HELP ME PLEASE WITH THIS.

If you are doing MFP...yes you count everything that goes in your mouth...even mints and gum. If you are doing Weight Watchers all fresh fruits and frozen without sugar are zero points and MOST vegetables are zero points. However...after finding out the hard way (plateaued for 7 months)...all those "zero" point food still contain calories, so you CANNOT EAT ALL you want and lose weight. It still has to be in moderation.

Good luck!
  • hayesjh01
    hayesjh01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) I am also new to this site but so far LOVE it. I get on here a couple of times a day to keep me motivated. I am kind of OCD about counting my calories therefore I do count my veggies and fruits. But I say do what makes you feel comfortable and happy if that be counting them or not. Maybe you can do a trail run and not count them for a mouth or so and then count them and see if it makes a difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!