can't exercise now

Options
I am new to this web site, already think it is an answer for me. I am home recovering from my third knee replacement on the same knee, so it is hard to exercise, but I could not do anything physical before, so I am looking forward to start walking in about 3 weeks. I have about 50 lbs plus to lose. I have tried Weight Watchers and do good for awhile, then get board of it. Plus the cost, so I am looking forward to starting this new program and meeting others in my situation. Norma

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Hello! :flowerforyou: This is a great site for support and as long as you make the good choices (I especially like the nutrient tracking) and eat your calories MFP sets up for your goals you will do great! There are many wonderful people on this site full of information and insight... Good luck to you on your journey!!:bigsmile:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Betty Congratulations on your loss!! That is impressive. You should be very proud.
    Do you mind me asking how long it took? Or how long you have kept it off?
    If you'd rather not talk about it, that's OK, I am still impressed.:drinker:
  • SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello mammam!

I hope your recovery is going ok, I cant exercise much due to hip problems I have due to over-exercising in the past so dont worry too much, hopefully by then you will be walking in the SUN!!!

Slow and steady is the way to go...this site is fun and helpful, I lost weight with weight watchers too but I cant get out regularly so I found this site and its free so even better.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it!
    Jx
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Betty Congratulations on your loss!! That is impressive. You should be very proud.
    Do you mind me asking how long it took? Or how long you have kept it off?
    If you'd rather not talk about it, that's OK, I am still impressed.:drinker:

Thank you... :flowerforyou:
    If you are referring to my maximum weight - I've been fighting to take it off for over 20 years. It's been up and down - I fought my way down to around 170# (7 years ago) and then about 4 years ago I got VERY ill and lost it all dramatically but once I was fixed up I gained a good 50+ pounds of it back and am now that I found MFP and the site has enabled me to take a great chunk of it back off. I actually feel secure enough to say this time will be the last time I will have to battle with it! :bigsmile: I've learned so much! :happy:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I am new to this web site, already think it is an answer for me. I am home recovering from my third knee replacement on the same knee, so it is hard to exercise, but I could not do anything physical before, so I am looking forward to start walking in about 3 weeks. I have about 50 lbs plus to lose. I have tried Weight Watchers and do good for awhile, then get board of it. Plus the cost, so I am looking forward to starting this new program and meeting others in my situation. Norma

Norma - I've been right there with you on the Weight Watchers thing... actually, the last time I did WW - I gained 30lbs! LOL!

You're going to love it here! I actually think that starting off with just the food tracking portion of this is a great way to start. My mom is on here too... she can't exercise due to chronic pain from fibromyalgia... she's lost 5 lbs her first week. Spend the next couple of weeks learning about MFP, tracking your calories and enjoying learning how your body works (you'll learn more than you ever could believe) and then when you're ready to start exercising - it'll just be another extra step.

Good luck on your recovery! I look forward to getting to know you better. Seriously... you're going to have so much fun here!