Ovulation Menstrual ??? help

Options
I usually retain water weight around that TIME of the month. Aunt flow will be here in about a week and i weigh in on Tuesday. Should i wait until after my cycle to do my weigh in?

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I used to wait until after. I never weighed the week before. Now that I'm pregnant, I stay away from the scale entirely! haha
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker:
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i always skip that weigh in because the scale always says im 5 pounds heavier . so i just wait til the week after !!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    definite yes!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Totally up to you. If you weigh and you are up just put a note in that days notes. You know its not fat gains so no biggie either way.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS gain up to 5 lbs during that time. I weigh myself anyway but it only is discouraging. I would definitely wait.
  • JSlater319
    JSlater319 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I usually wait until after my TOM is finished to weigh in. I figure I'm moody enough as is, don't need any help with that issue by weighing myself and seeing i'm 2lbs heavier on the scale. :) IMO you should wait.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I usually retain water weight around that TIME of the month. Aunt flow will be here in about a week and i weigh in on Tuesday. Should i wait until after my cycle to do my weigh in?

You might want to if you think that seeing a 2-7 lb gain will de-motivate you, even knowing that it's likely water retention. :flowerforyou:
  • StephMcw
    StephMcw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. I am due any day now, and I always gain 2-3 extra lbs. I hopped on the scale lastnight and was so sad. haha. wait until after!
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I always jump on the scale. Then cry a little bit. Go eat some cake. And wait till next week haha
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    wait till after. i am masochistic and weigh almost every day during my period hoping to see weight come off and it never does, sometimes increases!!

to reassure myself i look at my past weigh-ins for the year, i will continue to lose weight, just not this week! (my TOM is this week, and I'm still at my post-christmas weight. and eating too much chocolate)
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i have learned over the past year that there are times that you will always see a higher weight. one is right before your period. the other is right before ovulation. if you learn when these times are and only weigh every two weeks (or just once a month after TOM has passed) you will be much happier! Ovulation usually is about a week after your period completely stops (day 14-17 of your cycle when you count your period starting as day 1) so you are usually good weighing yourself when your period is gone and then about 2 weeks after that when ovulation has been completed.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would wait because I am in the same boat. The week before & during I gain at least five pounds. Matter of fact, I weighed myself two weeks ago and it was one number. On Tuesday, I went to the doctor and I gained six pounds. For that reason, I wait two weeks to weigh myself.
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I still weigh in and log it on my phone tracker. I make a note that it's that time of the month and move on.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends, because weirdly enough I put 2-3 lbs right after it is over :)
  • Aliykat
    Aliykat Posts: 29
    Options
    I am plus 5 pds this week, I will NEVER weigh myself again during the week of my cycle. I am driving myself insane just knowing that I am up this much, because this is how much weight I had lost over all!
    I just hope that it is gone when my period ends, because all this hard work there is no WAY I could have gained that much over 1 week...

Take my advice and just don't weigh yourself! I wont be from now on :(
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I gain 5lbs each time so I avoid the scales like the plague.Next week the scales will be horrendous so I simply wont weigh till afterwards
  • lynndowdell
    lynndowdell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always wait until the week after. Wait n don't let your heart be troubled.
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I always jump on the scale. Then cry a little bit. Go eat some cake. And wait till next week haha
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    i have learned over the past year that there are times that you will always see a higher weight. one is right before your period. the other is right before ovulation. if you learn when these times are and only weigh every two weeks (or just once a month after TOM has passed) you will be much happier! Ovulation usually is about a week after your period completely stops (day 14-17 of your cycle when you count your period starting as day 1) so you are usually good weighing yourself when your period is gone and then about 2 weeks after that when ovulation has been completed.