Am I supposed to eat my 'exercise calories'

2»

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    You can adjust those, Susie. I have mine set to 40c/30p/30f.
  • Thanks very much Stormieweather; I struggle to do the whole carb amount as I feel ill (palpitations, nausea) around 20mins after eating the main carb players (particularly bread, pasta or rice) so I don't eat them at all. Which means it's hard to get the carb levels up from veg etc! I will play around with the levels and see how I go!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Fruit is a good way to increase carbs. All sugar is a carb, basically.
  • I'm confused about this myself. If I put in my activity level, doesn't it already calcualte how low or high it should be? But I asked my doctor and she said that I was at least 300 calories under what they said I ahould be eating, so I don't take their mathnito account anymore.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I'm confused about this myself. If I put in my activity level, doesn't it already calcualte how low or high it should be? But I asked my doctor and she said that I was at least 300 calories under what they said I ahould be eating, so I don't take their mathnito account anymore.

your activity level is your every day activity, exercise is not included in this estimate. If you included exercise in your activity level A) you're probably being far to general to do any real good. and B) then you're probably overestimating the amount of calories you need to consume (assuming you put your exercise calories in as well).

MFP factors in your maintenance calories plus exercise you enter, if your maintenance calories is to high (like adding exercise into your maintenance estimate I.E. your activity level) then adding exercise calories will throw off the estimate by quite a bit.
  • I eat mine. When I first started on mfp I lost 6 pounds. After that I couldn't lose anymore weight and was getting really frustrated because I didn't understand how I wasn't losing anymore weight going to the gym 4 days a week and walking on the days when I wasn't going to the gym. I'm allowed 1220 calories a day and burning half of them thru exercise and wasn't eating them back. When I started eating them back, I started losing. I have lost 3 more pounds since I started eating back my exercise calories a couple weeks ago. So I would eat back your exercise calories.:smile:
This discussion has been closed.