Getting Close! Here's to a new year!

Options
jesskreg
jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
My weight loss journey has been full of ups and downs. For the past 2 years, I have been trying to live a healhier lifestyle. My starting weight was 205 lbs. I am 5'3'' and medium build. I've never been thin and always viewed myself as being overweight. I had a moment of realization when I was shopping for pants and could not fit in the juniors or women's section- I was a size 17/18. I was devistated.

The day after, I started planning. I wanted to be healthy, but most importantly, happy. I began researching diet plans and even weight loss suppliments. Some how I stumbled upon My Fitness Pal, and my weight loss journey began. I started at 1200 calories per day. This was a huge struggle at first. I had no idea how to manage this new diet- I was hungry, tired and cranky. Fortunately, I began to learn that eating more fruits, vegetables, and lean protein was the way to go. I felt full and had energy! I switched back and forth from a 1200 calorie a day plan, too a 1400 calorie plan. I even hit a few plateaus, but I promise to myself that I will not give up.

I have fallen off the wagon a few times (why it's been quite the process), but I've never gained more than two lbs back at a time. I've managed to at least maintain my weight, while at times not really working to lose any. With the New Year I've decided to become more dedicated to my health. I've lost 4 more lbs after my holiday binge, and I'm not looking back. Here's to 47 lbs and counting! 18 lbs to go!

Replies

• lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's so great! :) I bet you feel great too and you'll be at your goal in no time. Not giving up in inspiring. Congrats on your success so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!