What my boyfriend did to me!

Options

Replies

• wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your boyfriend makes you happy and I'm sure he loves you just the way you are. My son married a girl who also has put on a lot of weight since they met/married. He still loves her like she's a size 5/7! You are both blessed to be loved that way. But I know that despite what my husband says, I know when I need to lose weight. I don't feel good about myself no matter what he or my friends say. So I'm losing (again). I would love to support you in whatever way you need. We are just better people when we are comfortable with ourselves.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    yes but u have to both be crack addicts for this weighloss program to be effective.
    I hear that miserable crack addicts generally don't have weight problems.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    ooohh i hear ya girl. i packed on 40-50lbs over 2 years. eating the same portions, and food as my guy while playing video games & being blissfully happy.

i halved the portions, and got my guy to get healthier too, and we go to the gym and he's my spotter for weights.

kind of awesome how our lives have turned around. i'll go ahead & thank myself. :P
  • sassyjvg
    Options
    My husband says that if I hit the 300 mark(pointing at particulary obese woman), love don't live here no more so you better watch it. Glad you are getting back on track too before he starts looking at women that look like you once did, lol.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Dear Penthouse Forum,

I couldn't believe it happened to me. What my boyfriend did to me...
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I must be the only weirdo that loses weight and gets more fit when I'm in a relationship.
    I was in the best shape of my life when I went through my last breakup. We had been together for around 5 years.

Nope, I am the same way!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    OP.... stop with your excuses. your boyfriend didnt do crap to you. You shoved the excess food into your piehole by choice. Stop making excuses, take action.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My husband says that if I hit the 300 mark(pointing at particulary obese woman), love don't live here no more so you better watch it.

Nothing like unconditional love!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I hate when my boyfriend force feeds me.

Really? I love it when a guy force feeds me.

how YOU doin?

Damn! Beat me to it.
  • Roxieluv
    Options
    Yes happy relationships can get you too...lol

They say that being in a relationship, especially happy ones can attribute to weight gain..alot of times esp. if you live together we as women eat more because of looking at their plate and/or making theirs..lol..single women have an easier time keeping the weight down because it's only thier diet they are concerned with. When me and my husband met I was 140, after our first child, I got up to 200 and recently hit the 212 mark. SO i decided EVERYONE in the house was going to be eating healthier and I have him make his own plate. So far so good! I wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, glad you have a supportive boyfriend it makes all the difference having a cheerleader :0)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    OP.... stop with your excuses. your boyfriend didnt do crap to you. You shoved the excess food into your piehole by choice. Stop making excuses, take action.

Good grief. I don't think she's really blaming him as much as coming up with a catchy title to explain how she gained weight being in a happy relationship.

Be nice and jog on.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    He didnt do it to you! Its genetics!

It's not genetics, it's eating too much.

It's also not your boyfriend who did it, it's you.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I hear that miserable crack addicts generally don't have weight problems.
    What about happy crack addicts?

Aren't they models?

Epic
  • swhiten
    Options
    I've been there. Relationships tend to do that to us sometimes. Just stay focused. Joining MyFitnessPal is a great start!! Get friends on here and get going!!! :wink:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    He didnt do it to you! Its genetics!

It's not genetics, it's eating too much.

It's also not your boyfriend who did it, it's you.

I'm calling out bad carbs on this one..
  • projectklara
    Options
    then there's us who have never had a relationship T.T
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Woooaaahhh.

I think when the OP says "look what he did to me" - she's joking....?

I always say to my boyfriend "it's your fault I'm fat" but I'm obviously kidding...I know it's my fault that I gained weight.

This needs to be taken in good humour I think.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I hate when my boyfriend force feeds me.

Really? I love it when a guy force feeds me.

how YOU doin?

:laugh:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    A comfortable relationship often leads to joint weight-gain. My husband and I became overweight from just having ridiculously fun gaming nights at home and snacking on all manner of unhealthy foods. So people can stick their judgment up their rear; she posted in jest and I'm sure most of you know that.

Feel free to add me as friend. Together, we shall smite the males who made us fatties. ;)
  • minibee12
    Options
    aeayhg.jpg

I'm sure there's many people on here who have put on "happy relationship" weight.
    Hey, i'm one too. Over 100lbs to be exact.
    So here i am, ready to lose it.
    We want a long and hapy life together, and that means taking action.
    Always looking for friends, and i'm a very active member,
    Bearing in mind the first picture is when we met, the second is now :'(
    xx

I've never thought of it, but perhaps I am a victim of this too lol. Anywho, feel free to add me!