New to this whole experience!

Hello!

My name is Terri! I am new to an online community based on fitness... I've actually been hesitant to share fitness with anyone because of the negative reactions I have received. But I did some poking around here, and everyone seems pretty accepting of the varying techniques for weight loss, muscle gain, and overall health.

Right now, my fitness of choice is Turbo Fire (and I joined the group on here =3 ) But I also run, and when I am in the mood, I do a little weight training. Both my husband and I are into being healthy, but his goals and methods are completely contradictory to mine, so he and I rarely discuss anything. (He is building mass, I am trying to lean mine out and lose fat... urgh.)

I am an at-home-graphic designer for a good portion of the time, but I also work retail part time to get by. I am a Nursing student (although this semester I am taking off since I ran out of funds and classes to take!) and I volunteer with the college's running course during the Spring/Summer semesters. (and late winter)

That is about it for me. I hope to make a couple friends or at least have someplace to go and read to get inspiration!

Replies

• Hi Terri! I'm Kayla! I'm not new to the online experience, I've been here off and on for about a year... but I'm back, it's really great -- you meet a ton of people with so much knowledge and support! I'm also a nursing student, and you sound like a busy lady as well! I'll be dropping a friend request your way! :flowerforyou:
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Hi there, welcome! any forward progress for getting healthy is huge plus and I have found the web site to be very helpful.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Hi Terri, I'm Andrea and I've been using this site for almost a year now. I have lost over 20 lbs so far and have gained so many wonderful, supportive friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck and congratulations on joining MFP!
  • Ierardia
    Ierardia Posts: 2 Member
    I am new here too! Just posted my profile after starting to exercise and eat better mid November. Hoping to find inspiration and inspire others here. Oh and btw, I have been a nurse for 14 years. Good luck in school and with your fitness goals!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Good Luck on this journey! You can make great friends here and learn a healthy lifestyle! It's not a diet, its a lifestyle change and makes you feel so good about yourself.