Pregnant friends needed for support!!!

Options
Hello all! I joined MFP about 9 months ago and lost 11 lbs. Since then I have gotten engaged and pregnant with baby #2. I gained most of the 11 lbs back and am currently at 215. I am about 12w5d pregnant. I just had my 12 week appoimtment and my OB gave me permission to do light exercise and encourages me to eat healthy. I would be happy to loose weight, but content to stay where I am at throughout the pregnancy. I was wondering of there was any other pregnant MFP ladies who would like to be friends for motivation and support.

Replies

• Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant, but I plan to be (this year ?). We can be friends!
  • Alyssah09
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congrats girl! Its a lot if fun :) and thanks! I just added you
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 34 weeks. Up 24 lbs.

I don't recommend trying to lose, but rather focusing on the quality of your food and being as active as possible. Remember 15-25 comes off just by delivering.

Good luck to you!

Also, there is a whole group of pregnant ladies here on MFP, and the group is very friendly and knowledgeable: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1920-fit-fabulous-pregnant-
  • Alyssah09
    Options
    Thank you so much PP!
  • RPC415
    RPC415 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 29 weeks along and have put on about 15 pounds. I really try to look at the quality of the food. Try not to eat out or try to limit it to once a week. Eat lots of fiber, fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc. I have continued to work out about three or four times a week but I do not push myself really hard. You kind of have to listen to your body and do what it tells you. But I wouldn't be afraid to exercise, the elyptical and bike are good choices, they don't cause too much bounce :) Also, my doctor said that I should be eating only 200 to 300 calories more per day. Which could be a 16 oz steamed milk, toast with peanut butter, etc. It is easy to get caught up in feeling like you can eat so much more and feel like you have an excuse, I have had a few bad weeks! But just stay on track trying to eat the healthiest foods you can for your baby and remember exercise is good for the baby too.

Good luck!
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i'm not pregnant, but i am currently ttc. you can add me if you'd like. :-)

congrats on your pregnancy!