gain muscle mass and lose fat?

Options
Im not "new" to the fitness world so I understand the idea of: intake more calories to build muscle and intake fewer to lose weight. But does anyone have tips on losing fat while building muscle size at the same time?

Replies

• kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.
    Avoid too much cardio.
    Maintain your calorie intake close to normal- a little above to focus on gaining muscle, a little below to focus on losing fat.
    And be patient!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    lol... Sidesteel link = /endthread.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Not legally
  • bhopejones
    Options
    yeah, read that link. very good article.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Not legally

My head would literally explode if I had to go around giving good information to every repost like he does...He's gotta to be site MVP or close to it when it comes to empowring with actual information that is useful.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Not legally

My head would literally explode if I had to go around giving good information to every repost like he does...He's gotta to be site MVP or close to it when it comes to empowring with actual information that is useful.

He's actually right, juicing will allow one to gain muscle while shedding body fat.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options

Don't forget about Dan, Lorina, Yoovie, & a few others! :happy:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Its' very difficult, even under the best circumstances, to do both at the same time. And even if you can, the progress is agonizingly slow. Most people will be better served by focusing on 1 goal at a time. Cut fat for a while, build muscle for a while, repeat.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Not legally

I think this was a reply to the OP referencing the use of dat der cell tech
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Im not "new" to the fitness world so I understand the idea of: intake more calories to build muscle and intake fewer to lose weight. But does anyone have tips on losing fat while building muscle size at the same time?

Focus on one but stay moderate with it.