MAKE UP QUESTION: Drug Store Waterproof Make-up Remover?

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena. But I sell Mary Kay so I use my brand. Costs around the same. These are the two best even if you go to the mall and spend double you can't get better. I always say my stuff is like department store quality and drug store prices.

This kind does not require excessive rubbing like cold creams, petroleum jellies, or baby oils, which can lead to wrinkles &/or styes because the oils can clog your eye pores and get them infected. Always use things formulated for your eye area.
  • NikkiWalt
    NikkiWalt Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Have not tried it yet, but saw on Pinterest that you can make your own. Worth a try anyway...

1 cup water
    1 1/2 tablespoon tear free baby shampoo
    1/8 teaspoon baby oil (or oil of your choice)

Mix together and store in a container of your choice.

Sounds easy enough

regular baby shampoo works just as well - and...no tears!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I use the no-name shoppers drug mart brand make-up removers and it takes off my waterproof mascara with little effort at all. And a whole wipe cleans my entire face which is nice. Mine is a 50 wipe pack for like $4, they have a 100 pack for $6 too which is a great deal IMO.

Baby shampoo is a great alternative as well.

And if you are good at getting very sticky soap off quickly you can use blue dawn or sunlight, both are incredible make-up removers that wash make-up off in a pinch but if you are acne prone (or have oily skin) you will need to moisturize really well afterward.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    baby oil and then wash your face and moisturize.
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    I use Ponds cream with a warm rag and it wipes everything clean.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I use Almay makeup remover pads and they work well enough on most things, though waterproof mascara/eyeliner can get a little messy. Only about $6 for 120 pads and 1 pad per eye usually does the trick.

I also like Revlon Colorstay Eye & Lip makeup remover. It works much better than the pads for waterproof makeup but is a bit more expensive, ~$15 I believe.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    *ponds
    *baby oil
    *baby shampoo-tear free

My preferences, in that order.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It seems you like 2 fase make up removers. You shake up the bottle and then use cotton squares, don't you?
    I do use the same type of make up removers.
    All the brands offer those, including MAC, Make up forever, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, and etc. also drug stores sell them - L'Oreal, neutrogena, and etc.
    Drug stores sell generic 2 fase make up removers, I used to buy them from CVS.

Anyone, anyone??

LOL!

This is important I promise!! I use
    s1258284-main-hero.jpg

Which is great but it runs out... real quick. And at 10 bucks a pop I cannot justify it!

Is there any great skin friendly waterproof eye makeup remover at a Walgreens or something? The key thing is water proof removing. The other stuff just pushes it around on my face.

Thanks for reading my random post ladies! (And knowledgeable men too :drinker: )