Curves, anyone have advice on this?

Julem22
Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I am in my mid thirties and have gone to the gym for years, but then came baby :) Now I would like to go back to a gym but think Curves looks interesting, but I want to make sure I get a tough 30 minute work out. Any advice, has anyone done curves, do you like it?? Any advice is appreciated thanks to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I went to Curves a few years ago for about 3 months, and I didn't like it at all. I didn't feel like I was getting a good workout in. Some people seem to really like going there, but the light weights and all just wasn't for me.. but that's me.

I've actually noticed that at some locations they offer new members a free week to try it out.. maybe you should do that - you might just like it! Try http://www.curvesinformation.com/?Campaign=GF&Referrer=GCD&Subreferrer=GF728x90
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    I was going to sign up but my mum wouldn't have had the time to drive me there. But I know a lady who did sign up and she really likes it. She still goes and she's in excellent shape, and she's always telling everyone how awesome Curves is...
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    i JOINED CURVES YEARS AGO WHEN i WAS 13/14. i LOVED IT! AND i LOST WEIGHT as well, but you know, once stopping the weight came back, but yeah I loved it
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    I went to curves for a bit to and what I didn't like about it is you always had to do the same thing all the time and I felt like a rat in a cage on one of those ball things they run on. It was just to boring for me I need more of a workout then curves could give me.

153118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    I am looking at a banner at the top of the page of MFP that says "Try One Week FREE Get Started Today!". Maybe you could check if your Curves does this. I would think you would know in a week's time if it is somehting you would like or not.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    I used to do curves. I liked it. I would probably do it again if my 10 month old and 3 year old would permit me out of the house. The thing about curves is you set the pace. I mean, yes, they have music that tells you when to change stations, but when you are in between machines it is up to you to keep your heart rate up. I have been and some of the women will just kind of do the minimum and not break a sweat. I used to do lunges and things from tae bo etc in the middle and it was great. I did lose weight. The fact is, my mom and I both went, she is in her 70's and we had different experiences. Both what we wanted. My mom wanted to stay active and increase bone density. Which she did, it has increased a great deal since she started. And I went to get in shape and lose weight, which I did. So, as long as you can keep yourself motivated it is a good option. Try it out.
This discussion has been closed.