I need motivation...working hard but not losing

Options
I am getting to the point beyond frustration. I know if I keep pushing (and pushing, and pushing....) something will happen. I mean it's humanly impossible not to lose weight if ur burning more cals than your taking in right?! I just need some help - I need people telling me to keep going, that it will be worth it, because today I can't see the light at the end...

Add me as your freind and yell at me to keep working out lol...btw I am not usually such a bummer, today is just one of those days...:sad:

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yes, it happens.
    I've been stuck , vacillating between 170 -175 since the start of November.
    I'm 5'9", active , eat 1900/day and get 600 - 1000 cals of exercise in most days and still I'm just fluctuating along. Paying my dues for rapid loss in the months before I guess.

Since ski season started I'm using some different muscle groups and getting even more exercise in while still playing tennis.

So hang in there. It happens. Just keep being good and doing good for yourself and good things will eventually happen. No matter what I feel better about myself no matter what the scale says. You will too. Stay active, follow YOUR plan and tell us about every success you have, no matter how minoor you might think it is.
  • Aliykat
    Aliykat Posts: 29
    Options
    I feel the same way, I eat well, exercise lots, drink water , and yet I am stalled. I have to just keep pushing!

It will work out!

:)
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough? Or too much carbs, not enough protein. How's your water intake? If you open up your diary we can maybe make better suggestions.

I've been generally following the calorie guidelines from this site below. I think MFP is too low. I did it all week and lost all the 5lbs i gained over the holiday's and its only Thursday! I've been drinking LOTS of lemon water-about a gallon a day. I upped my veggie intake considerably and my protein intake and have been watching my sodium. Hope this helps!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    strange I thought my diary was open...I'll go check it out. I dont usually track my water intake because I drink SOOOOO much water I have already had three 16 oz glasses. I don't know what it is so feel free to check out my food intake - I have been eating paleo so I doubt its too many carbs - thanks for the input :)
  • julial84
    Options
  • julial84
    Options
    Yeah, I need to stay positive - I do feel better when I eat well and workout, I just get frustrated and I cant let it mess up my progress.
  • julial84
    Options
    it was private, not sure why - just made it public, go check it out.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    hmm...I'm not real sure my dear! Yesterday was a light food day for sure -check out that calorie calculator and maybe try eating what that says?? I don't know. I'm sorry you're struggling. I've had a hard time eating properly and this is my first week back at it.

Oh, one thing I did notice is you go over in fat a lot. Maybe try bringing that down a bit? Not sure how the sodium is as its not one of your trackers-you can add it in there too. And fiber maybe - 25g a day is good to shoot for-other than that, you are eating pretty good there girlie! In my humble, non-professional opinion :)
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    hmm...I'm not real sure my dear! Yesterday was a light food day for sure -check out that calorie calculator and maybe try eating what that says?? I don't know. I'm sorry you're struggling. I've had a hard time eating properly and this is my first week back at it.

Oh, one thing I did notice is you go over in fat a lot. Maybe try bringing that down a bit? Not sure how the sodium is as its not one of your trackers-you can add it in there too. And fiber maybe - 25g a day is good to shoot for-other than that, you are eating pretty good there girlie! In my humble, non-professional opinion :)

lots of good info here!! good luck... and maybe add some additional cardio/strength training.
  • julial84
    Options
    you know I didnt even notice the fat...but you are right! I need to pay more attention to that instead of always looking at my cals.
  • julial84
    Options
    Agreed....I need to get back on my running game - that always helps.
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    You need motivation, add me. I promise you I'll get you WANTING to exercise. You CAN do it and you will!!!