Green Coffee Bean Extract

Options
I have read and heard quite a bit about the green coffee bean extract pills that, supposedly, help you to lose weight without adverse side effects. Of course, you hear pros and cons about them. Does anyone have personal experience with using these supplements to help you lose weight?

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just started this journey on Jan 2nd. I take 2 green coffee bean extract pills before breakfast and lunch with one rasberry ketone and then 2 rasberry ketone pills with dinner. I've lost 4 lbs in 1 week with sticking to a 1200-1600cal diet (most days are 1250 or below but I had a 1500cal and 1600 cal day over the weekend) and working out every day except friday. I feel more satisfied after eating, hardly any cravings I used to have and it's easier for me to say no to things that used to be irresistable. I don't know if it's the pills but if they are helping then yay! No side effects either, no racing heartbeat, no jitters, no headaches, no nasty taste or smell, no dry mouth, no dizziness, no flushing, nothing. After the bottles are gone I will see how I do without them. If I slow down on the weight loss I will definitely buy them again.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I used them for 1 month, no weight loss or positive effects. I did however notice an increase in headaches.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    They work great if you also eat at a moderate deficit and exercise. You don't even need the coffee beans.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Green coffee beans are so 2012. 2013 is all about the red palm oil
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Did someone say Beans? I'm here!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    YEA I HEAR PALM OIL MELTS OFF THE FAT
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    While different things may make you more prone to expending energy in absence of nutrition (such as crystal meth), and some things may make you feel more full than you actually are (such as sawdust), nothing changes the laws of thermodynamics, such that if energy into a system exceeds energy out, the system gains energy, and vice versa. Humans store gained energy as fat.

The best thing to lose weight is to balance that energy equation such that you have a little more energy going out of the system than coming in, and as long as this holds true, you will be creating yourself an unstoppable fat burning machine - - without having to buy pills from anyone, without having to take any supplements, in a way that you can sustain for the rest of your life!
  • MoreBean13
    Options

That's why they use it in natural peanut butter instead of hydrogenated oil now. Peanut butter is known to melt fat off you.
  • megangel2011
    Options
    I don't take the supplement pills myself, but I do buy the Starbucks Boost drinks for a breakfast drink instead of coffee since it's 60 calories a can. It has the green coffee extract it in. Good flavors too.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

That's why they use it in natural peanut butter instead of hydrogenated oil now. Peanut butter is known to melt fat off you.

Does that mean peanut oil will melt off the pounds? Cause I used peanut oil to fry my turkey
  • sjohnny
    Options

Does that mean peanut oil will melt off the pounds? Cause I used peanut oil to fry my turkey

That's why turkey is so lean. The peanut oil melts off the fat.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT ITS THE PALM OIL NOT THE PEANUT OIL.......JEEZ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    seriously, what the hell is wrong with diet and exercise? No pills, no fad work outs, now 20min, 10 min 6min, 30second anything, just diet and exercise?!?! You know what has never been disproven? Diet and exercise! You know what works for 100% of all people who do it and commit to it? Diet and exercise! You know what is sustainable for a life time and will always show results? Diet and exercise. Seriously, what the hell goes through your heads when you debate on buying into any of this crap?
  • sjohnny
    Options

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT ITS THE PALM OIL NOT THE PEANUT OIL.......JEEZ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if you use the peanut oil on your palms?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The only weight loss effect you'll notice from the green coffee bean extract pills is that your wallet will be noticeably lighter. They're another weight loss scam just like african mango, raspberry ketones and all the other "miracle pills" touted by snake oil salesmen.

Stick with simple, effective and proven:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/841305-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag
  • dlbohl79
    dlbohl79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement that has coffee bean extract, green tea extract and raspberry ketone in it. Was taking each individually but this has the same recommended amounts all in one pill. Lost 3 lbs in a week and half after starting it. You can get it online from Swanson health products for under $10.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Green tea by itself is a really good fat burner. It contains a very powerful polyphenol component called ECGC. If you google health benefits of ECGC you'll want to start taking a green tea extract supplement.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz puts Oprah's full weight behind the endorsement of this product.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've tried diet aides and supplements in the past & I will admit for the first 2-3 weeks some were amazing. I lost weight, felt great, energy, everything they advertised, and then suddenly my body realized that I was faking it & the pills stopped working - energy levels dropped lower, I was craving foods, I would eat more because suddenly my body & mind realized they had been deprived of nutrition.
    In the end, for me, exercise & eating as clean as possible has been my "supplement".

If you feel you need a jump start for a couple weeks to get into the groove of a new lifestyle, the coffee bean or green tea may help a little, just avoid relying on it to do the work for you. Log your foods, even on bad days, log ONLY ACTUAL exercise or workouts (laundry, shopping, mowing the lawn & sex do not count, it's stuff you've been doing all along & you didn't lose weight then, did you?), and learn to live anew. This is a lifestyle, not a diet (which breaks down to the word "die" with a "t" on the end!). Be true to yourself, get some good supportive friends on this site who are where or have been where you are now & enjoy the journey!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz puts Oprah's full weight behind the endorsement of this product.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist laughing at this one :drinker: to the poster!