What is the best Isopure flavor?

I'm going to start replacing one meal with a protein shake per my doctor's instructions. I am only interested in Isopure Low-Carb or Isopure Zero-Carb. Because it is somewhat expensive ($45.00 for 3 lbs) - I want to make sure I buy a good flavor. I will not be mixing it with anything other than water. Please let me know if you have tried one or the other (or both) and what flavor you prefer. Thank you!

Replies

• Dutch choclate tastes great.. Smells like hot choclate.
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Dutch choclate tastes great.. Smells like hot choclate.

Update: I went ahead and bought the chocolate. I don't care too much for it but I really don't have much to compare it to. On the positive side, 50g of protein is AMAZING. I plan to drink it, even if it makes me gag! Thank you for your feedback! :-)
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    I went with cookies and cream... Im not a huge fan, but its ok in smoothies blended with fruit...

any opinions on vanilla?
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    I used the dutch chocolate as well but i would add soy milk, half of a banana and a tbs of peanut butter, and ice makes it taste a million times better.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    I've tried a few of them, and none of them are all that great. I love Allmax Isoflex...all the flavors rock! It is low in carbs, sugar and sodium. Only 110-120 cals per scoop and about 27 grams protein. For the money I would go with a different brand that tastes good and has similar nutrition.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Pineapple Orange Banana Isopure Zero Carb is rockin my world right now! I had the creamy vanilla before...would only recommend it for mixing with smoothies. The PineOrangeBanana is the first protein powder that I've ever had that I could drink mixed with just water.
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    So glad I read this !!! Ive been drinking the alpine punch mixed w/ water and its pretty good! I like it .... Ive been debating on trying some of the other flavors, now I have an idea of what to try and what NOT to try.
    Thanks for posting this question :)
  • ZuperZue
    ZuperZue Posts: 3 Member
    Haven't tried any other flavours but the Creamy Vanilla is awesome and a great base for other things I make with the powder (shakes, desserts, ice creams) :)
  • Fitteacherc
    Fitteacherc Posts: 38 Member
    I love the Columbian Coffee flavor!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    This is the only protein powder I like the taste of because it doesn't have as much of an artificial sweetener aftertaste like so many others do. I've only tried dutch chocolate and vanilla but both were pretty good IMO.
  • gelove84
    gelove84 Posts: 16 Member
    I like the creamy vanilla but my wife hates the taste. I guess it is trial and error for everyone.