Gave up Diet Coke

Options
2»

Replies

• Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Is 70 Oz (2 ltrs) a day too much ?

I think i drink too much of the stuff, I sometimes get too a point where i can quit for a few days but its not easy and the mood swings can be a bit harsh, keep with it though
  • Phillips28
    Phillips28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Giving up pop is not easy! I am speaking from experience...I am on day 41 of no Dr. Pepper. Not that I'm counting...hahaha. I just stopped cold turkey. I was probably drinking about five a day (and not just can-sized) and I thought it's time to get healthy! I have been a pop drinker my whole life, and I only quit twice before....for each pregnancy for a whole year. Then I slowly started up again...and BAM, I was addicted again. Anyway, I guess you are giving up diet, that might be different...I'm not sure? The headaches were a little bad in the beginning. I think they may have come and gone thru the first two weeks. I think the hardest part is seeing your friends drink it, or seeing it on commercials. But I must say, I quit drinking pop and that same week I started counting my calories on this website and starting working out for the first time in about 4 years (before kids). That first week, just from giving up pop I dropped 6 lbs, and the next week I dropped 4 lbs. (Obviously just less bloated...probably water weight) I think it had a lot to do with not drinking so much pop a day, which was almost 1,000 calories a day just from pop alone! Yikes! Plus I started bringing my lunch to work instead of eating out fast food. So I believe that helped as well. Anyway, I'm proud of you! It's a hard thing to do!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i was drinking at least 16 cans a day. it always made me feel hungry. it's not so much the caffeine i was worried about, it's the aspartame. side effects are horrible.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am SO proud of you. Don't go back to it. Think about the stuff that you are putting in your body. I quit drinking coffee a few weeks ago and don't miss it at all. My husband used to bring me a mug of coffee every morning before he left for work. Then when I started my food plan back in October, I told him to stop bringing it to me that I would go downstairs myself. Then I started forgetting to get it, then I just stopped all together. I might have a cup once in a while in the future but I don't need it to fuel me anymore. Water, water, water, water.

I have taken back control over my mind and body!!
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    16 cans a day! JESUS!!

Good luck though :flowerforyou: I don't drink fizzy drinks so I wouldn't know what your going through. Sorry X
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    16 cans a day!!!! OMG!!!! Sorry...just a little shocked at the number...I like Dt. Coke, but maybe 1 can a day (at most) or 3 per week. How did you ever get anything done???:noway: :laugh: Did you get it through an IV? Just kidding...:laugh: :wink:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Congratulations!

It was soooooo hard for me! I loved coke zero. First I just tried to cut down, then I switched to plain seltzer and unsweetened herbal teas. Now it is water and tea only. I could not lose when I was drinking the stuff! It did something weird in me. I craved sweets all of the time! When I stopped, it took awhile but eventually it was much better!

Best of luck!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    I was a complete addict. I constantly had one in my hand. This is so hard, I'm about ready to give in today. Just need motivation. Thanks gals. :flowerforyou:
  • hilldill22
    Options
    Every time I try to give up diet coke for a week, I end up feeling really, really good, especially since you aren't getting the sodium that diet soda has. Not to mention the aspertame (or however you spell it) that is an artificial sweetener and is all CHEMICALS! Trust me, I LOVE diet coke. But I have started to do a new thing where during the weekdays I will only drink water and sodium-free sparkling water and save the diet soda for the weekend, if at all. It may be a diet soda, but the sodium and chemicals in it make your body go psycho! (Not to mention making you bloat!) Hope this helps!

Hillary
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Definatelty real withdrawl. I was actually advised not to give it up compleletly with both of my pregnancies! The reason is that I suffer from migraines. Caffeine levels is one of the first things they adjust when you get them. They said that one diet pepsi in the morning would not harm my babies and would make me a much happier person.

I am proud of you! I am not ready to give up my diet pepsi yet! I have replaced most of it with water, but I still need my fix! Hang in there.
  • 1fitchic
    1fitchic Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WHOOOOAAA....................................................

Ummm, excuse me, but did you say 16 CANS a DAY?!?!?!? :noway: Good godomighty, girl! How have you survived it?!?! Glad you're putting that devil to rest. Sheesh! I can relate though. It's just like quitting smoking. I have been smoke-free since December 15, 2009, and I have NO craving whatsoever! Dropped it cold turkey! If I can do that, you can DEFINITELY do this!!!! Stay strong, honey!