Alternative to creamer for coffee

Options
Hi All! I need your help. I love my coffee in the morning and usually would have the flavored creamer in it. I have since switched to just regular milk in there but am SO bored with it. I need something that is just as healthy but has some flavor. I have already decided against the fat free and sugar free creamers since they don't really have any nutritional value. I'd rather have a flavored milk of some sort and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm not opposed to rice or soy milk. I have seen some vanilla flavored soy milk in the stores, but don't know which one to buy. Help!

Replies

• Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Great question! I am ADDICTED to Coffee Mate creamers! LOL! I have started using DaVinci Sugar free coffee syrup. I only use about a TBSP and there are no cals or fat. It's not as good as coffee mate but decent. Also, I like Silk Vanilla Soy milk but haven't tried it in coffee. I will tomorrow though ; ) Thanks and good luck!
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    Silk Vanilla soy milk is to die for :)
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I love my coffee and I love my creamer! I do use the fat free creamer but I know it's not good for you since it has all that fake flavoring stuff, so I have tried regular Half n' Half (lite) and I add vanilla extract. It is healthier and taste great! It's not 100% the same, but it comes close. Hope you like it! :)
  • supercool111
    Options
    vanilla soy milk and coffee does NOT taste good trust me! Maybe get one of those flavoured syrups like in starbucks? They have sugar free versions...
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of soy in general so i think any soymilk in coffee is great. Thats personal opinion. they also make vanilla and chocolate almond milk which is pretty tasty. If you get the unsweetened and add your own sweetener it only like 40 calories per cup!!
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but I love cool whip in my coffee....low fat and flavorful. They have a vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavored cool whip. I have this especially for a treat in the afternoon with some decaf coffee. Fat free frozen yogurt is good in some decaf coffee in the evenings too. In the mornings I just use plain rice milk, vanilla rice milk, coffee mate or whatever I can find that does not add a lot of calories or fat. I change it up every few days so I don't get bored with the flavor. Coffee is my favorite food. LOL!
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This isn't a creamer, but it helps flavor your coffee...I like to mix coffee with Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate mix. It's 25 calories and only has 2 grams of sugar. It's like a mocha and it flavors your coffee with very few calories added.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I used to love my coffee with creamer, but the regular stuff had waaaay too many cals and the diet stuff tasted like crap. So I've started drinking it plain, but every so often I like to dump in a single packet of diet swiss miss. It's only 25 cals and tastes amazing! I would doubt there's any nutrional value, but then again I don't think anything you add to your coffee can offer much nutrition (other than milk.)
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    This isn't a creamer, but it helps flavor your coffee...I like to mix coffee with Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate mix. It's 25 calories and only has 2 grams of sugar. It's like a mocha and it flavors your coffee with very few calories added.

Haha! Yay! At least I'm not the only one.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I need your help. I love my coffee in the morning and usually would have the flavored creamer in it. I have since switched to just regular milk in there but am SO bored with it. I need something that is just as healthy but has some flavor. I have already decided against the fat free and sugar free creamers since they don't really have any nutritional value. I'd rather have a flavored milk of some sort and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm not opposed to rice or soy milk. I have seen some vanilla flavored soy milk in the stores, but don't know which one to buy. Help!

How about sprinkling cinnamon all over the top of the coffee with milk?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

How about sprinkling cinnamon all over the top of the coffee with milk?

You can also add the cinnamon (or other spice-clove, nutmeg, pie spice) into the coffee in the filter and it will flavor the whole pot.
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Haha! Yay! At least I'm not the only one.

YAY!! Haha I know...it's so good!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee, but I have a coworker that puts Honey in hers. It adds flavor and good nutrients.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I usually use half and half w/ cinnamon, but I as well am looking for an alternative, because I like "milky" coffee :wink: But it's 80 cals of half and half.. That's equivalent to an apple or something!! I could be eating those cals. But I NEED my coffee so I just do it..
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    That is so Funny....I use to do this way back in the day...I titled it "CUP OF CANDY BAR". I was young & silly. My boss use to say "Hey can you get me that Cup of Candy Bar":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but isn't wasn't die back then
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    what about flavored coffee? and use stevia to sweeten??

a friend of mine puts cinnamon in with her coffee grounds to brew them.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Coffee Mate French Vanilla - 2 tablespoons is 30 calories. Add one packet of Splenda as well and you have a delicious Starbucks quality tasting coffee.
  • jcarey101
    jcarey101 Posts: 31
    Options
    oh geez....I went through withdrawals when I gave the Coffemate creamers up a month ago. I do allow myself 2 days a week to use the FF Hazelnut, usually on the weekend when I can do a longer workout. On the other days I use a splenda and FF milk. I've tried drinking it black but it upsets my stomache.

I love these posts...I feel so normal. :drinker:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee because IMO it's an acquired taste (but I LOVE the smell!), but I do drink hot chocolate. I've been using cinnamon or peppermint sticks to flavor it and it tastes great and is low/zero calories options to creamer. Add a tbsp of skim milk to make it creamier and yummm!!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    My sister got me hooked on putting cinnamon in with the coffee grounds when I brew it, it smells sooooo good! lol I usually use flavored creamers too but I also like using almond milk (unsweetened vanilla is only 40 calories in a FULL CUP so 1/4 cup in your coffee is 10 cals) and adding stevia. Also SweetLeaf stevia makes liquid drops in different flavors, I have english toffee and cinnamon and both are good in coffee or tea. I have a local health food store that sells it but you can find it online too. its $12-13 a bottle but one bottle will last you forever.