MFP Fantasy NHL League?? Anyone Interested?

Replies

• stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    OMG my favorite game involved the Blues too!!

But it kinda went like this...Steve Yzerman steals the puck from Gretzky, snipes it from the blue line over the shoulder of John Casey and wins Game 7 in Double OT.....

I broke a cordless phone by throwing it into a wall right at that moment...and gave a loud unfair crashing sound to a friend on the other end, lol.

Lazy, non-backing Gretzky...ugh. Stupid Nick Kypreos (intentonally embellished a hit that blew out Grant Fuhr's knee).

My favorite Blues/Wings games moments were watching CUJO give Cheveldae a black eye at center ice. You could see his eye swelling shut as the game continued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6832pJlV0Jk&playnext=1&list=PL49830A343713C0D5&feature=results_video

Better was MacInnis scoring on Osgood with under a minute left from just over the center red line to tie the game in the 1998 playoffs. The crowd gave a standing ovation for the rest of the 3rd period that lasted through the entire intermission and into the start of OT. It was amazing. I still think Conroy's post to post shot went in much like the way Kerry Fraser describes a goal in his book. Even if it wasn't in, the ref blew it when he blew the whistle when the puck was free and laying around the side of the crease. I was sitting right on that goal line. Stupid former blues killed us in that series - Bowman and Shanahan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzF--lKvSHA

Btw, there was no steal, gretzky intercepted the pass put deflected it off his skate and just left the puck there for Yzerman. As an aside, Casey skates out as a forward in high level men's league hockey here in st. louis now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8RdJrzNHHg
  • stljam
    Thank you for Ronnie Francis and ULF

Ulfie is a dirty, dirty, dirty man. Ruined Cam Neely's longevity. This coming from a guy who was (kind of still is) a big Pens fan as they were my Wales Conference team.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member

Better was MacInnis scoring on Osgood with under a minute left from just over the center red line to tie the game in the 1998 playoffs. The crowd gave a standing ovation for the rest of the 3rd period that lasted through the entire intermission and into the start of OT. It was amazing. I still think Conroy's post to post shot went in much like the way Kerry Fraser describes a goal in his book. Even if it wasn't in, the ref blew it when he blew the whistle when the puck was free and laying around the side of the crease. I was sitting right on that goal line. Stupid former blues killed us in that series - Bowman and Shanahan.
    '98...that playoff worked out well for the Blues right? They won the cup right? Oh no...that was us too haha.

Btw, there was no steal, gretzky intercepted the pass put deflected it off his skate and just left the puck there for Yzerman. As an aside, Casey skates out as a forward in high level men's league hockey here in st. louis now.

IK...but i was like 10 and that's how I remember it...facts be d*mned. ..staying up late and screaming my *kitten* off.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    OMG my favorite game involved the Blues too!!

But it kinda went like this...Steve Yzerman steals the puck from Gretzky, snipes it from the blue line over the shoulder of John Casey and wins Game 7 in Double OT.....

I broke a cordless phone by throwing it into a wall right at that moment...and gave a loud unfair crashing sound to a friend on the other end, lol.

Lazy, non-backing Gretzky...ugh. Stupid Nick Kypreos (intentonally embellished a hit that blew out Grant Fuhr's knee).

My favorite Blues/Wings games moments were watching CUJO give Cheveldae a black eye at center ice. You could see his eye swelling shut as the game continued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6832pJlV0Jk&playnext=1&list=PL49830A343713C0D5&feature=results_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzF--lKvSHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8RdJrzNHHg

LOVE Shanahan... even now... :) And, always loved Chris!! One of my faves ever. :) And, the rivalries that exist...

SOOOOO GLAD HOCKEY IS BACK... For me? Half a season is still better than no season... Had hoped to watch the Wings win 4 games in person this year... now? Looking at hopefully 2!! :)
  • lombrica

'98...that playoff worked out well for the Blues right? They won the cup right? Oh no...that was us too haha.

IK...but i was like 10 and that's how I remember it...facts be d*mned. ..staying up late and screaming my *kitten* off.

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!! I LOVE YOU!!! ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!

WINGS?!? HAVE THE BEST FANS EVER!! :)
  • lombrica
    BY THE WAY... We still have ONE more spot... not sure how, as there were several people who said that they were in... but - we are at 11 teams, and need to get to 12...

Oh, and?!?

GO WINGS!!

lets_go_wings_hockey_21939.jpg
  • lombrica

UNFORTUNATELY A WRONG POST FROM TSH0CK SAYING SOMETHING WITH AN ANIMATED IMAGE... HE ACTUALLY MEANT TO SAY... "AVALANCHE SUCK" ... Yeah, pretty sure that's what he meant... and, so, I had to get rid of the mistaken animated image, as not to remind him he made an error...

:wink: :laugh: :wink:

I have 3 words for you too...

Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrHCcThG9H4

Oh yeah... this one was what you wanted to watch, right?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V8_SuXCoKQ
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    GO SABRES!!!!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Just snagged me spot #12 (and thanks to the OP for the idea).

All this talk of the Blue and Sens and Sabres is fine, but the Sens are going to kick you all to the curb and make a run for the Cup. It belongs back in Canada, and since the Leafs are never going to do it, and the Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Jets and Canadians all suck, the boys from Ottawa will represent.

GO SENS GO
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member

All this talk of the Blue and Sens and Sabres is fine, but the Sens are going to kick you all to the curb and make a run for the Cup. It belongs back in Canada, and since the Leafs are never going to do it, and the Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Jets and Canadians all suck, the boys from Ottawa will represent.

GO SENS GO
    No no it belongs in the US
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    It belongs in the birthplace of hockey, along with the Olympic Gold medal...oh wait, we already have that.
  • kvh_1fan
    kvh_1fan Posts: 15 Member
    GO SABRES!!!!

Boo Sabres!! Give us back Ott! Although I am happy we have Roy now, can't say most Stars fans feel the same as me though. Ott will be missed, you guys enjoy him!
  • lombrica

GO SENS GO

YAY!! Our League is FULL... However?!? LET THE TRASH TALK CONTINUE!! :)
  • stljam
    LOVE Shanahan... even now... :)

So did Janney's wife, lmao.

Shanahan had to get traded given all the drama. Really, how you can you be having an affair with your center's wife? I'm amazed how Janney isn't at least a little bitter about it. Blues had a bad run of drama luck - Gilmour and the babysitter, Shanahan and Janney's wife, Stupid Garth Butcher trade, Scott Stevens then Shanahan free agent signing drama, Stevens tampering incident, Being left out of an entire draft, Oates and Mullen getting shipped out of town because of $$$, Hull getting let go, Keenan being an *kitten* and having a hotel room incident with Gretzky, etc.

Ok, let's fill up another one.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/register/tos?league_id=21702&password=MFP2013

League ID#: 21702
    Password: MFP2013
  • lombrica
    LOVE Shanahan... even now... :)

So did Janney's wife, lmao.

Shanahan had to get traded given all the drama. Really, how you can you be having an affair with your center's wife? I'm amazed how Janney isn't at least a little bitter about it. Blues had a bad run of drama luck - Gilmour and the babysitter, Shanahan and Janney's wife, Stupid Garth Butcher trade, Scott Stevens then Shanahan free agent signing drama, Stevens tampering incident, Being left out of an entire draft, Oates and Mullen getting shipped out of town because of $$$, Hull getting let go, Keenan being an *kitten* and having a hotel room incident with Gretzky, etc.

Ok, let's fill up another one.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/register/tos?league_id=21702&password=MFP2013

But? They did get married and had three kids... Not that I'm saying it was right to have an affair, just that clearly there were things not working out with Janney and his wife. And? Shanny showed up where he was traded and did well, leading to his 3 Stanley Cups in Detroit... Janney? Didn't even show up and the Blues had to take him back...

In the end?!? All I'm saying is yeah, scrappy move by Shanny having an affair with a teammates' s wife, BUT, I'd still take Shanny 20 Times over Janney.

Yeah, though, lots of drama!
  • stljam
    You cannot believe the stuff Shanahan heard when coming back to St. Louis as a visiting team member since the affair was so public.

At least we got market value for Shanahan (Pronger) vs say what we got for Gilmour, Mullen, etc.
  • stljam
    bump..let's get the second league filled too..
  • lombrica
    ... wow, kinda lost some steam here... Guess there needs to be more promotion of the NUMBER ONE team -- GO WINGS!!

uspw_6134754-1332886756.jpg
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    I think I just locked up the 12th team!
  • stljam
    Bump, Ok, let's fill up another one.