Healthy high calorie snacks that don't fill you up?

Options
I'm burning off about 1000 calories a day (I'm a cardio bunny and I love it) and I can't keep up my net intake. I feel like I'm eating all day and am always full. Do you have any healthy suggestions about how I can up my intake without feeling like I'm going to pop?

(I weigh my food so I know exactly how much I am eating)

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Nuts. I prefer almonds.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Full fat yogurt, peanut butter, oils, cheese, avocado, nuts.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter, almonds, greek yogurt
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nuts, seeds, avocado, block creamed coconut, cocoa powder/ dark chocolate. It's inevitable they will fill you up, they all supply the two or all three of the nutrients that confer satuety (protein, fat and fibre) two of which are calorie sources. The one calorie source that stimulates appetite is alcohol, but you asked for healthy.

Don't just consider calories, review your diet to ensure you are eating the recommended servings from each food group to get the full complement of nutrients, bearing in mind an intensive exercise routine can double your body's needs. You look low on dairy, fruit and veg, mineral rich foods (seeds, beans, lentils), essential fatty acids (especially oily fish) and over the recommended 10% of daily calories on processed/ sugary/ refined stuff. You are getting fibre but only by supplementing.
  • frecklegrrl
    Options
    Trail Mix. Yum.