Need Motivation on the weekends!

Options
UGH! I do so good during the week then completely gain everything back over the weekend! I need to stay on track but it's hard! Trying to lose 14 lbs by March 1st. Definitely possible if I don't mess it up every weekend!

Replies

• MJannelle
    Options
    Weekends are hard. Here's what I do:

1) weigh in on Friday morning and make a promise to myself that I will weigh that on Monday.
    2) Choose a night to 'cheat' on either Friday OR Saturday and allow myself to have booze/junk food on that day only.
    3) Plan ahead! If I want to have 4 drinks on Saturday night I will log them beforehand and then work with the calories I have left.
  • Reubinski
    Reubinski Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My biggest source of motivation during the week and even on the weekends are the friends I have made here on MFP. It is amazing how motivated you can be by just a few people that are more than happy to provide encouragement and inspiration! That might be a good place to start anyway. :)
  • kiml77
    kiml77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks MJannell! i will try it this weekend! Especially since I have a friday birthday party this Friday and planning to have a few cocktails. :wink:

Reubinski, I'm hoping it will help me as well. It's always great to get motivation from people that are in the same boat! Thanks!
  • mckramer1999
    mckramer1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can you get in an extra workout or 2 over the weekend? It might help defray the increased caloric intake. Also, try to pick activities where you are up and moving. Even something as small as playing Wii tennis is better than sitting around playing cards. Or if you are out with your girls, make sure you dance a song or 2 for each hour you are there.

Pick one day of the weekend to be your "cheat day" and make sure to be good the rest of the week. For example, stick to non-alcoholic drinks and a light dinner on Friday nights so you can get in a serious hour of exercise first thing Saturday morning to earn your extra naughty calories for Saturday night. Then right back on track come Sunday a.m.

Also, you may want to weigh yourself every Friday. If you get to a new low weight on Friday morning, you are not going to want to blow it, and it may give you a little extra motivation.

Good luck!
  • kiml77
    kiml77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @mckramer1999 That would definitely be motivation!!! Great advice! Thank you!