Remind me all is not lost....

Options
I've been doing really well the last week... but this morning, I did a bit (well a lot) of emotional eating and I'm left with 86 calories! It's only 2:30 pm! That's including about 200 extra calories for working out this morning....

I just need a little nudge - tell me all is not lost, there is no reason to fall off the wagon completely...

I can go and exercise tonight and earn enough calories for a light dinner....

Please. :/

Replies

• tsdaughe
    Options
    There is no reason to fall off of the wagon. One day of overeating your calories will not cause any major problems or weight gain. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Going over on your calories one day isn't that bad. Just start fresh tomorrow!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Everybody has bad days and, no, all is not lost :)
    Get back up tomorrow and all will be fine!

Good luck to you!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    ALL IS NOT LOST!

Everyone slips now and then. It's so very much NOT the end of the world and it does not mean you've failed. You just had a little slip. You will have more slips in the future. It's natural, it's expected, it's healthy.

So go ahead and do some exercise if you can, and have dinner. If you are a few hundred -- or even more -- over today, you can compensate for that by being a hundred or so under for the next few days. Sustained weight loss is about balance. Here's your opportunity to practice that! Yay!

:wink:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Get your shoes on and go for a run. Exercise is not just to earn calories to eat. Get some good endorphins going to counteract the bad ones hanging around today.

For your dinner tonight choose your favourite protein to go in it and make something light like a salad to go with it. Log it. Day done.

Tonight after dinner, open tomorrow's diary and work out what you are going to have in advance and eat all your calories - don't try to 'make up' for today. MFP sets up at a deficit anyway. If you have set 1lb weight loss then your calories are already set at a 500 deficit daily.

Good calories, bad calories... at this stage, when you feel blue they are just calories to be accounted for and log. One bad day does not equal all of your good work undone. It is one day.
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    How do you look for the rest of your week? If you were under all the other days, just borrow some from them. Also, how low is your daily goal? Sometimes a binge is due to your body NEEDING the fuel. Not "good" or "bad" just fuel.
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    Its pretty simple, I know and you know....you're gonna hate yourself in the morning if you dont do somthing
  • gradaigh
    gradaigh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually have one day like that, I just try to workout to make up for it or do a little extra the next day, as long as you are under by the end of the week don't beat yourself up, keep going!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    One day in the length of a week is not any big deal.....unless maybe you ate a whole pizza and washed it down with a hot fudge sundae....lol. If you have extra calories leftover from previous days and days yet to come it all equals out in the long run. Just get back to normal tomorrow and move on.