Sushi help?

Options
I am going to a Sushi resturant tonight for a friends birthday. Any healthy suggestions? I know the rolls with cream cheese are out of the question. What does everyone else get?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    All you can eat.. minus the soy sauce.
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    The crunchy rolls and cream cheese rolls are the worst. If you like nageri (I may be spelling that wrong) - fish on top of a rice ball - that's great. Sashimi (fish without the rice) is even better. Kani salad isn't too bad calorie wise and has protein. Now I'm hungry. And a bit jealous :-)
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Sashimi magoro / sake are my favorites
    Edamame
    Miso soup
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Stay under your calorie limits and enjoy! Nigiri and sashimi are both great and very healthy.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sushi calories don't count.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I usually get one roll and albacore/salmon. I seem to do fine with that order and don't go over my calories.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options

Amen.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    haha i like this!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Stay under your calorie limits and enjoy! Nigiri and sashimi are both great and very healthy.

This^^^

I don't really go for rolls myself...gets in the way of all of my Nigiri and sashimi.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

^^This!
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I love how you people think. :-)
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    THe sushi place I love has a roll where they wrap the sushi in thin slices of cucumber and its totally light dont remember the name hehe but ask the waitress.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sashimi is a staple for me. It's also the way I judge a Japanese restaurant. High in protein, low in calories.
  • robertcook34
    Options
    Sashimi would be the best choice because it is only fish. I would try to stick to the low sodium soy sauce if you have to have soy sauce. Nigiri isn't too bad but it does have the rice ball. Try to limit rice. Teka don is good - lot of tuna with some rice. And a nice crab/cucumber salad is always fantastic. I love sushi and now I am craving it!
  • sbodi88
    sbodi88 Posts: 18
    Options

best advice ever. :)
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Best response ever!!

Personally, I don't eat fish, so I stick with veggie California rolls, yam rolls, and cucumber rolls, and then lots of endamame and seaweed salad :)
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    California Rolls :love:
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Is this really true?! ;) Cuz I can about eat my weight in sushi and it adds up fast!
  • HeffFit36
    Options
    Definitely start with the Miso Soup and then seaweed salad.

I agree with staying away from cream cheese rolls but wouldn't particularly not try ONE just because it has cream cheese in it. Ahi sashimi with cabbage and hot mustard is my fav tho :-)