Calorie Cycling \ Zig Zag dieting...anyone?

Options
Both of these terms have circled through my block before - but today I'm reading up on some menu plans and considering giving it a go. Anyone currently working this type of eating plan? Or have had succes \ failure in the past? Feedback welcome.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    My feedback would be to do this if it meets any of the following criteria:

1) You really prefer this method.
    2) You perform better in the gym using this method.
    3) You are already lean and trying to get leaner (upper teens or lower bf%).

I don't believe it's going to make any difference over a steady intake method until you get lean and at that point it's possible to have marginal effect.

Your best bet is really going to be finding a method that allows you to meet your caloric requirements most conveniently.
  • Bemosabe
    Options
    That makes sense. I'm thinking could be a useful tool when I get near the plateau range. I've got a significant amount of weight to lose before that will be an issue. Thanks for the feedback.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. I'm thinking could be a useful tool when I get near the plateau range. I've got a significant amount of weight to lose before that will be an issue. Thanks for the feedback.

I would really, really urge you to keep things as simple as possible.

Calorie deficit, exercise, and some common sense will take you a very long way.
  • Bemosabe
    Options
    SideSteel - you make the sense for real! (p.s...I keep trying to "like" your comments a la Facebook) :)