Flavored Carbinated Water (Clear American, etc)

Does anyone drink this stuff? What is your opinion on it? I am trying to drink more water. I will put some mio or the crystal light packs in it (i know, the aspertame is bad) but what about this stuff? Does it cause you discomfort in any way, because for some odd reason it definately does me. Cokes dont but this does.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Avoid it after 6pm
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    (i know, the aspertame is bad)

Can you please explain to me why aspartame is bad?
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    I like Sparkling Ice - multiple flavors Lemon Lime, Black Raspberry, Mango, Pomegranate Berry, etc. No sodium in them as well.
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member

This is just what everyone harps on, I was just clarifying that I knew it was bad before everyone got on me about it. I know I should be just drinking straight up water. Thats all. I havent had any problems with it.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    I would say that if it causes "discomfort" as you say, try something else. Have you tried flavoring your water with natural stuff ( like lemon, lime, ginger, cucumber...you get the idea). I personally like ginger and mango. I make a huge pitcher and drink on it all day. There are tons of recipes out there for different variations.
    To be clear, I don't eat the fruit/ginger. I just toss it in the water to give it a kick of flavor. Make sure the water sits at least an hour to give the flavors time to "marinate" and you can use the ingredients for 2-3 batches of water.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Be careful as it can cause depression
  • I also would suggest natural waters... My favorite is cucumber, lemon, and mint.... Just slice up the first two, and add a few sprigs of mint... Let chill for a few hours and it is so good...
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    I normally get Deer Park flavored sparkling because it's cheaper than Pellegrino and Perrier. Orange is my favorite flavor. Never had any trouble with depression from it though. You can also do natural flavors like lime, lemon, berries, or pomegranate seeds!
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Also don't forget tea too!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member

This is just what everyone harps on, I was just clarifying that I knew it was bad before everyone got on me about it. I know I should be just drinking straight up water. Thats all. I havent had any problems with it.

Ah. So "everyone" told you something therefore it's true. Gotcha.

P.S. It's not.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member

P.S. It's not.

that's not what she said at all. rude.
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member

P.S. It's not.

that's not what she said at all. rude.

I know that just because "everyone" says it, it doesnt mean that its true. That's not exactly what I meant. I value everyone opinion, which is why I am here and why I read the forums, otherwise I would just post my stuff in my diary and leave. I know that everyone here offers support and there are those with opinions that say that aspertame is bad for you. I was just letting everyone know that I am aware of what people are saying. That I didnt need anyone to tell me it was gonna kill me or something. I just wanted people honest take on the carbonated water, thats all. :)