1 year and 55 lbs down!!!!! I feel like ME again :-)

Options
melruiz5
melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
Good Afternoon MFPs :happy:

A year ago today, I looked at a picture of myself on my birthday, which was yesterday January 9th, and decided that it was TIME for a CHANGE!!! When i looked at my picture, this is what i saw. . . .

Mel25bdayatSpaghettiworks1812-1.jpg

I weighed 220 lbs wearing a size 1X shirt and tight size 20 pants. . . On that day, i logged on to MFP (i already had an account just for the H of it) I logged ALL my food and set my weightloss goals and exercise goals. . . it was SSSOOO HARD at first. . change is hard. . but it has been worth it! It's been exactly a year and i have gotten rid of (not lost, bc i dont plan to find it again) 55 lbs, gained lots of muscle. Wasnt able to finish Level1 of 30 day shred (a 20 minute workout) and now I have a collection of Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. . . . I never been to the gym and now i go 2-3 times a week. . i am currently training to run my first 10K this Sept and i have NEVER ran in my LIFE! I'm also doing JM Killer Buns and Thighs and JM 6week 6 pack .. . . Life is AMAZING!!!!!! i LOVE this! I have inspired others to start working out and have a lifestyle change as well! I would like to be a motivational speaker someday and or a personal trainer. . . it has been a LONG stressful year, but I have gotten through it and made something INCREDIBLE out of it!!!!! :bigsmile:

I have new goals for 2013 . . . . get rid of the rest of my baby weight and tone more of my midsection. . . more toning in my arms, increase my endurance and be bikini ready (yes bikini) by summer, for my KC vacation :happy:

I am no wearing a side Medium shirt and 7/8 pants :happy:

MelJan2013_zpsb3204139.jpg

If i can do it, SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: I'm 5'1, btw. . short little mexican :bigsmile:

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

A year ago today, I looked at a picture of myself on my birthday, which was yesterday January 9th, and decided that it was TIME for a CHANGE!!! When i looked at my picture, this is what i saw. . . .

On that day, i logged on to MFP (i already had an account just for the H of it) I logged ALL my food and set my weightloss goals and exercise goals. . . it was SSSOOO HARD at first. . change is hard. . but it has been worth it! It's been exactly a year and i have gotten rid of (not lost, bc i dont plan to find it again) 55 lbs, gained lots of muscle. Wasnt able to finish Level1 of 30 day shred (a 20 minute workout) and now I have a collection of Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. . . . I never been to the gym and now i go 2-3 times a week. . i am currently training to run my first 10K this Sept and i have NEVER ran in my LIFE! I'm also doing JM Killer Buns and Thighs and JM 6week 6 pack .. . . Life is AMAZING!!!!!! i LOVE this! I have inspired others to start working out and have a lifestyle change as well! I would like to be a motivational speaker someday and or a personal trainer. . . it has been a LONG stressful year, but I have gotten through it and made something INCREDIBLE out of it!!!!! :bigsmile:

I have new goals for 2013 . . . . get rid of the rest of my baby weight and tone more of my midsection. . . more toning in my arms, increase my endurance and be bikini ready (yes bikini) by summer, for my KC vacation :happy:

If i can do it, SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

You look great mel!!
  • CRichards22
    Options
    AHHH! Mel, great post! You look SO FABULOUS and I know you have worked your BUTT OFF! Literally!!! :drinker:

So PROUD of all your hard work! Can't wait to see you reach your ultimate goal. I KNOW you will because you are IN it to WIN it!!!!

Congrats!!!!! Love ya! So glad we've been MFP buddies since we both started you keep me motivated!!!! Hugs!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    What a change..you look great!!
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome, sometimes you young folks inspire me!!! You look amazing, stay healthy.
  • Vinjol03
    Options
    thanks for the posting - i am inspired. hope to keep going etc
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    "Amaaaaazing!!!!' you are my inspiration!!!! And Happy Belated Birthday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look awesome!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    YOu look great..keep it up..can't imagine what you'll look like at goal. wow!
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! you look great am a short little mexican too LOL

great motivation
  • tutti777
    Options

I weighed 220 lbs wearing a size 1X shirt and tight size 20 pants. . . On that day, i logged on to MFP (i already had an account just for the H of it) I logged ALL my food and set my weightloss goals and exercise goals. . . it was SSSOOO HARD at first. . change is hard. . but it has been worth it! It's been exactly a year and i have gotten rid of (not lost, bc i dont plan to find it again) 55 lbs, gained lots of muscle. Wasnt able to finish Level1 of 30 day shred (a 20 minute workout) and now I have a collection of Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. . . . I never been to the gym and now i go 2-3 times a week. . i am currently training to run my first 10K this Sept and i have NEVER ran in my LIFE! I'm also doing JM Killer Buns and Thighs and JM 6week 6 pack .. . . Life is AMAZING!!!!!! i LOVE this! I have inspired others to start working out and have a lifestyle change as well! I would like to be a motivational speaker someday and or a personal trainer. . . it has been a LONG stressful year, but I have gotten through it and made something INCREDIBLE out of it!!!!! :bigsmile:

I am no wearing a side Medium shirt and 7/8 pants :happy:

If i can do it, SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: I'm 5'1, btw. . short little mexican :bigsmile:

Wow! You are a beautiful young lady and your hard work has certainly paid off. You look like a different person. Kudos to you!
  • msmith3518
    msmith3518 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic - congratulations on all your hard work!
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story It's so worth the hard work. I started my journey in May of 2011 and lost 35lbs for my daughter's wedding. I gained 10 back over Christmas, but am now remotivated to get back on track. Thanks for posting - I needed that.

Mary
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You look so cute in that dress!
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow...amazing job!! :) Inspiring!
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know you said you lost 55 so you should be 165, is that what your weighing now? Im 5'3 and Im down to 179...seeig how damn sexy you are I cant wait to be 165!! lol
  • bsmithmia
    bsmithmia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! You look very happy. Also, it's great to hear that you are inspiring the people around you through your dedication to making positive changes in your lifestyle. Let us know how the 10K goes!
  • jdsgigi
    jdsgigi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It inspires me to get moving! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!