*** Supportive Friends -- Looking to Release 50+ Pounds ***

Options

Replies

• tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @evdjohnson... I really think you could wear yoga pants. They are pretty comfy and stretchy.

Whoa, what a week!!!! One more day to go. I have finals next week, so my entire weekend will be studying things I hate. I don't think the weather is going to be nice, so I won't be distracted by sunshine! I'm excited about the number of new people that have joined!! HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been super terrible this week. It is "lab week" which means our company feeds us crap (donuts, pizza, ice cream, etc) all week. I've totally given in and feel like crap. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, no more eating at work this week. I know the week is almost over, but tomorrow we're having hot dogs. I will not have any!!!! My stomach is super unhappy with all the stuff I've put in it. I think I may fast on Friday and part of Saturday just to regroup.

What is everyone doing with their weekend? I will live through your plans!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey All, just dropping in to say hi! Feeling good about myself and the progress I'm making. I'm at 9.8 lbs lost this month, and am down another pants size. Going to have a fun day tomorrow, my family and I are going to the Oregon Zoo. My boys are super excited, and my husband is dreading it. Since we're meeting up with other family members there, I'm looking forward to that. My brother in law is the one who had the idea. He is also on a weight loss journey, I just haven't gotten him to use MFP yet. He started above 400 and he's lost quite a lot so far, at least 60 lbs I think. Proud of him and happy for my sister. Anyway, need to spend today getting organized and packing a picnic lunch for the zoo. I'd rather know ahead of time what I'm going to eat. And it's cheaper too. But I've got to decide if I'm bringing the stroller for my younger one or if he can handle walking. And if I don't bring the stroller, where am I going to stash the lunch? LOL, guess I'm thinking out loud a bit.

Hope you all have a good weekend! Probably won't have time to check in tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • xtinalee17
    xtinalee17 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am joining in. I need some support. It's been a slow loss for me and I am struggling. I feel better and have lost almost 15 pounds and some inches but sometimes I come on here and read about people who loose so quickly and wonder what I could be doing wrong and if I will ever loose 65 lbs (my goal for now... ). So I have about 50 more to go to hit that. Ah!
  • sjo68
    sjo68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Friday everyone! It is another beautiful day here in Seattle. I hear the weatherman saying it won't last through the weekend. Bummer! I would rather ride my bike outside but I will go to the gym to get my calorie burn in if I have to. My goal for this weekend is to burn 1000 calories each day. I will be wearing my HRM to check my progress. Hope everyone is having a great day.

evdjohnson- good for you for not even looking up the calorie count. I am also very good at justifying eating things that I shouldn’t.

tnsumner- it is hard when you are surrounded by unhealthy foods especially when you are hungry. I feel for you, there are 2 birthday cakes in our staff lounge right now and even after eating what I packed I was sorely tempted to partake. I am hoping it is all gone when I go back in at break time because I don’t know if I have that much will power.

megblackburn- congrats on your 9.8 pounds this month. I love the zoo. Are you at the one in Portland? I was there last summer. Have a great time.

xtinalee17- hi and welcome. You can do it. Sometimes it just takes time and persistence.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @tnsumner - good luck with finals - bet you will be glad when you are done with them! Housewarming tomorrow which should be fun then a fairly quiet Sunday I think. Hoping the sun stays out.

@meg - congrats on the 9.8lbs loss - it feels so good to see the figure moving like that. Enjoy the zoo - and good luck with the stroller conundrum and where the lunch goes if you don't take it!

@xtinalee17 - welcome! And congrats on the 15 lost so far -that is really good progress. Everyone loses at different rates and you know what they say - slow and steady weight loss is the best way to go. Stick with it and the lbs will keep coming off.

@sjo68 - happy Friday to you too! And from one of your earlier posts re the new house - yes, we finally bought our own house in February so still enjoying doing stuff to it. And you make me laugh with the eye rolling at the smell of new paint - for me, my husband rolled his eyes when I expressed my enthusiasm for the smell of the new carpet!!

Well, I was doing so well today. Then 4pm and someone went out and brought cornflake cakes and mini chocolate bites back into the office. I usually do so well and don't have a problem resisting them. Today, two mini chocolate bites and 180 calories later. Although, in a bizarre way I am counting this as a non scale victory! Hmmm I hear you all say - but my rationale is that my mini pig out made me feel so 'blah' that I know I will be able to better resist next time round. So all clouds and that. I will do better - although maybe not tomorrow - friends are bringing round champagne and life is too short to turn down good champagne! So my logging may be lacking tomorrow. Making roast chicken with coconut gravy and all the typical roast trimmings.for lunch. But I will be back on Sunday - have a good Saturday everyone!
  • tnsumner
    Options
    I convinced my 3rd shift coworkers to do taco night instead of eating the crap we were bought. I also convinced them to use romaine lettuce for the shells, instead of tortillas. So, we're eating healthy tonight!!!!
  • sjo68
    Options
    tnsumner- yummmm tacos in lettuce sounds really good.

janetay- it is amazing how many calories just two little chocolate bites can have in them isn't it. I agree you will be better able to resist next time.

Good morning everyone. I woke up this morning and made my way to the gym and did my c25k run for today and then hit the circuit training loop for 30 minutes. So I am over halfway to my 1000 calorie burn for today. I am hoping that the wind dies down a little so hubby and I can go for a bike ride. Lunch will probably be a salad today and dinner salmon and roasted asparagus. So it should be an excellent day.
  • evdjohnson
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Just wanted to check in and say hi! I hope you are all having a good weekend!

That's it! :)
  • TheRunningGuppy
    Options
    Just wanted to show a little NSV. This is me this morning, wearing a pair of white jeans that I have had for a very long time, but haven't worn in about two years because they were 3 sizes too small! And the blouse that I'm wearing I bought online sometime last fall, but when I got it, even though the size on the label was correct, the fit most certainly was not. And because it was a deal of the day website I couldn't return it. Pulled it out of my closet to try on this morning, and it fits, with room to spare! I could get it on before, but around the bust, the space between buttons gaped open at least an inch or more! The fact that I've got a lot of room to spare in the bust area now makes me happier than you can imagine!

[img][/img]8688574295_efd0280b84.jpg
    photo by aguppymama, on Flickr

And just as a comparison, this is me before I started losing weight, posing for our family Christmas pic in late November last year.

[img][/img]8689745948_ebf9300685.jpg
    just me by aguppymama, on Flickr
  • sjo68
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I had an excellent day yesterday and went over my 1000 calorie burn goal by quite a bit. Now, the decision is what to do today to reach it. It is rainy so a bike ride is probably not going to happen today either. :sad: I have tons of laundry to do so I am trying to think high burn in shorter time, maybe circuit training.

megblackburn - Look at you in your little white jeans and cute top. You look great! Congratulations at fitting in to them comfortably. Before too long they will be too big.

Well off to get some laundry done before deciding what to do to work out. Have a great day.
  • evdjohnson
    Options
    megblackburn - You look great! What a difference!!! Good job!!!!! That is a cute outfit you've got on!

sjo68 - I have a good friend who actually LIKES doing laundry. I tell her she's crazy all the time, haha.

Having a quiet Sunday with my little one. Hubby went to do some chores so it's just us until nap time. I was thinking about carting the dog, jogging stroller and boy to the beach this morning for a jog but we'll see. It's supposed to get hot here today and we're pretty slow this morning. If not, I'll just do another round of Zumba during naptime!
  • _tru_
    _tru_ Posts: 96
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Sorry I have been away. Last week was uber stressful and way too busy. Things will be calmer for the next couple of weeks. I read through the updates; WOW so many!!! Welcome to all the new people! CONGRATS to all those who had such wonderful successes! And, kick in the tushie to those who need it (me included). Have a wonderful Sunday!!
  • tinks_13
    tinks_13 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name's Faiza and I'm 22. I've always been a bit unhappy with my weight. Up until the age of 18 I was few kilos overweight but then I fell ill and had to take medication which helped me get better but had a side effect of weight gain. I came off those medicines about 2 years ago and managed to lose about 11kg, which was great. But then I went back to uni, colder days came along and out went the motivation to carry on losing weight. I've put about 7kg back on and now I've come on here so hopefully I can find some friends who are on the same boat as me and we can all motivate each other in losing the weight and keeping it off. I don't want to look for excuses anymore I want to keep up the exercise and healthy eating.

So that's my introduction :) I'm hoping to lose about 17kg, about 2-3lbs a week. Feel free to add me! :)
  • tinks_13
    tinks_13 Posts: 40
    Options
    Does anyone know what helps with getting rid of that bloated feeling? Is there anything I could do to reduce it? I have a pretty low salt intake if that has anything to do with it and I avoid cheese cos that makes me so bloated. I don't have much knowledge on this as you all can probably tell but I'm sure you'll all correct me :)

Thanks x
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.

@tnsummer - how's your review? good luck on your exams this week. So sorry to hear about your crappy week. But hey, tomorrow is another day.

@megblackburn - congrats on the 9.8 lbs and how was the zoo trip? So did you bring your stroller with you. When I travel with my boys, I always see to it to bring the stroller. My hubby hates bringing it, thinking its too tedious to bringing it in and out of the car. But hey, I'd rather suffer carrying that thing than have my boys be carried every time they get tired. Great picture by the way. What I would do to be able to wear my old clothes again.

sjo68- congrats on reaching your 1000 calorie burn. So green with envy, I hope I could be able to reach even half of that.

@janeytay01 - how's your weekend battle with the food? Sometimes, there are things that just can't be resisted. On a positive note, you only ate 2 mini chocolate. If it weren't for this lifestyle change then you would be munching the entire box.. lol

@faiza - welcome, welcome. well for the bloating thing. I drink lots and lots and lots of water to try to flush all the toxins out.

Over-all, I had a great weekend spending time with my two little boys. Last Saturday, my husband and I went to a colleague's lunch party. The lunch started badly. We got to the restaurant a bit too early. So we decided to go and drink coffee at a nearby cafe. I went to the ladies room to freshen up but I think I took too long. When I came back, he blew his top saying that there were already people at the party and that we won't have any seats, etc. We got our bill and unfortunately, we both have no cash and had to use my card which took the waitress a little bit long. Anyway, I didn't talk to him the entire time, at least he figured out I was pissed and try to make it up to me by being nice to the other guests and not sulk. At least when we got home, his mood has changed when he played with our babies.

Anyway, food was crap and I was not able to go out on a run. Practically, stayed home and pigged out. Hoping to burn some decent calories this week and will faithfully start logging my intake again. Hope you all have a great day.
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. Seems nice! Just jumping in and hope I can keep up.

Me - I'm trying to get back in shape after slacking for two years. I've loss 22 lbs in about 7 months so far, and I'm on the slow road intentionally. Im looking for a sustainable path this time. I lost this weight in 2008 to 2009 on extreme low carb. It came off fast but I couldn't maintain that. I can't do much sugar even now so my carbs are moderate. This is working much much better for me. I have a crazy job, a family, and plan to go back to grad again...a program for doc...just to make a life goal. I am blessed with all I have but really need to work on my fitness. My motto now is to stay in balance no matter how long things take. I like using my treadmill as I watch the news.

Tnsummer- we had a puppy growing up with a little cart. He had an accident and my granddad didn't want to lose him. He did great with that contraption!

Megblackburn - I like both outfits although you do look quite nice now

Happy new week to all!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    Options
    @rdcphone572, welcome! You are so right to take the slow road. My older son has asked me about my weight loss, because he sees me exercising a lot. I explained to him that it's going to take me a long time, and he'll probably be 10 or 11 by the time I'm where I want to be (he's 9 now). I'm hoping to set a great example for him and his little brother.

@jehan, the zoo trip was really fun! I did not bring the stroller, but I did bring a kid leash and my Ergo baby pack (it has a 40 lb limit and my little guy is at 36 lbs right now). I knew there was no way the boy would want to sit in a stroller all day after a 2.5 hour drive to get to the zoo.
    Sounds like that lunch party wasn't so great, but at least you had a good time with your boys. Just hop back on the wagon and keep moving :happy:

@Faiza, welcome! Glad that you don't have to take those meds anymore. Taking it slow and easy is the best way to lose the weight. As for the bloating, I agree with Jehan, drink lots of water.

@Tru, glad things are calming down for you!

@evdjohnson, quiet sundays are so nice! Did you make to the beach?

@sjo68, Seattle was rainy yesterday? Should have come out to the coast. We had bright sunshine until about 7 p.m. That's great that you went over 1000 calories burned! And yes, it was the Portland zoo.

@tnsumner, yay for healthy tacos! Love the lettuce instead of shell idea.

@Jane, two chocolate bites isn't bad. You've got to allow room for treats in your diet. And champagne, yum! Hope you had a good weekend :drinker:

@xtinalee17, welcome! Slow weight loss is really better than fast, so it sounds like you're on the right track.

Well, my weekend went well. Zoo trip on Saturday, and I burned about 1400 calories with all the walking. I was using Map My Run app on my phone to try to keep track, but it was killing the battery so I had to turn it off about halfway thru. I packed a picnic lunch, and only splurged on a 1/4 of an elephant ear as a snack. I got to see my aunt who lives very close to the zoo, she brought my cousins who are 9 & 12. She has also been on a weight loss journey, and I hadn't seen her since October, and she looked fabulous!
    Sunday right after church I decided to go for a run. I thought I'd do the same 5K route I did last week, but then on the way home I turned down the road towards my son's school, and ended up making it 3.52 miles. So, my distance it getting higher, but my speed is not yet.
    I have been having some trouble with my left heel, I woke up yesterday with it in pain, and then the run seemed to make it worse, so I think I will be having a rest day today. It aggravates me to no end that I can't work out today because I don't work today and I don't really have any other plans, so I have the time available that I could work out. Although honestly, I'm thinking I should take a week to focus more on my eating, because I have let it slide a little in quality, even though I am always under my calorie goal. So I may take the week off from working out, if I can make myself not do it. The thought of that makes me want to scream a little. I like working out too much I guess.
  • DANILOOVIEDO
    Options
    Add me!
  • sjo68
    Options
    Tinks_13 – Welcome and I don’t know of anything other than water really to help with the bloated feeling other than drinking water. I usually drink extra water and then go for a nice walk. It doesn’t help right away but it does eventually.

Jehan – I can see how your hubby’s attitude may have affected your choices. I find that I make “not so healthy” choices when I get angry. Was the crap food just the healthiness of it or the taste? I hate when I pay good money for food that doesn’t taste good.

Rdcphone572 & Danilooveido – welcome.

Megblackburn – Sounds like a great time at the zoo. Cograts on eating only 1/4th of the elephant ear, I don’t know if I could have done that. Honestly they are my favorite “fair food”. Take care of your heel pain or it could blossom into something bigger or worse.

Good morning everyone. I had a great weekend. I hit my thousand calorie burn on both days (Sunday just barely 1001 according to my HRM 1059 according to MFP) and I ate very well and it showed with a big (for me) loss this week of 4.7. I will be back later but hope everyone has a great day.
  • tnsumner
    Options
    Well my weekend was successful for studying. That was about all I did. I found out today, I got a B on my last calculus II test.

The future in-laws came over last night. I made everyone dinner. I wouldn't say it was the most healthy, but it isn't that bad... open faced sandwiches with pesto chicken and balsamic vinegar soaked tomatoes.

I have my last test tomorrow, a final on Thursday, and a final on Friday. Then I'm done!!!! SLEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!! I'll get around to sleeping on Monday I guess. I have a full weekend, again. Super excited though!!! I'm getting my hair done, going shopping at the outlets, and going to visit the in-laws on Saturday. Then on Sunday, I have a 6 hour wine tour with my boyfriend. It's a great way to celebrate the end of the semester!

How was everyone's weekend??