Anyone using BodyBugg? Should I eat my extra calories?

Options
I'm so confused by the BodyBugg and MFP pairing. It's telling me, for today, that I have an extra 445 calories to consume because of the amount of exercise I've had today. I'm not sure if I should eat those calories, or not. I mean, isn't the whole point of this to not eat as much, and lose weight? Any suggestions?

Replies

• literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Your MFP setting is already set at a deficit for you to lose weight. When you exercise, you increase that deficit. You should be able to eat the calories back and still lose - however to each their own. Some people prefer not to. Personally, I always do.
  • Kerrio247
    Options
    OK, thanks for that. I just think that's a lot of extra food! That's a whole other meal. I might eat half of the extra calories. :)
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    As you become familiar with your workouts and your routines, you'll be able to plan in advance (if you do intend to eat them back). So for instance, on days where I know I have a hard workout, I'll eat a little more at each meal rather than try to fit an extra 500 calories at the end of the day.

Also, I will usually eat them back at about 80% because I feel like sometimes the estimate for my exercise is too high.