where to go from here...

Options
I'm new to this site but was wondering if anyone has some suggestions about what sort of exercise I should be doing... I'm fairly fit but need to be able to run 5K this summer. I currently do 2 sessions in the gym where I warm up on the treadmill, do 10 mins on the rower, do some weights and then finish off with 30 min on the cross trainer resistance 9-10. I also do 2 shorter sessions usually 15 mins on the treadmill followed by 15 mins on the bike then a 60 min boxercise class.
I'm getting fitter but dont appear to be losing any weight so I'm open to any suggestions... thanks

Replies

default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    for the 5 k: http://www.active.com/running/5K/

When did you start working out?

2 quick things:

-keep a close eye on your diet and the amount of food/drink you consume. Many people become hungrier due to exercise or feel that they can "reward" themselves and use their workouts as justification.

-weight isn't a great overall indicator, periodically compare your measurements and body fat %, these are more reliable.
  • lala25
    lala25 Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks for that link I will have a look. I started back at the gym 4 weeks ago. First I was going 4 times a week but started the boxercise last week so cut back on the gym time. I eat heathily but I do enjoy a drink so thats my main area to reduce.