I'm so lost

Options
Okay so I have lost 4 lbs since October!!! Which is great, but the scale likes to lie to me and go up and down so much that it makes me dizzy. According to MFP I should be eating around 1800 calories, which I can typically stick to. I also started going to the gym in October. I started slow, now I am at 45 min cardio with light weight training. So my question is What the heck am I doing wrong????? I'm only 31... loosing weight should NOT be this hard.
I have already been to the dr and had my blood sugar tested, my thyroid tested; on paper I am a healthy overweight female. My dr is offering me the surgery, but I promised my hubby one year of eating right and gym dedication....
Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Replies

• arendas08
    Options
    Im not sure what you are eating and how many times a week you are sticking to 1800 calories but some of the main things you have to stick to are eating "clean" and only have one cheat day(for a food you crave) but not over do it. Depending on your weight you should be able to lose 1lb a week if your doing the cardio at least medium intensity. Do you take your heart rate during cardio?
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl!!! You arent eating enough calories!!! Even on the days you arent exercising you are eating only 900-ish... thats probably one of the main reasons the scale isnt moving for you hun... You should have at least 1250-1350 calories NET per day in order to get that body burning..
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you have been lifting then you will gain muscle weight & have probably have lost inches. You should open your food diary for us.

I run with a heart rate monitor.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so people can help you with your food, and brace yourself because people WILL be honest.

Second, do you weigh and measure everything you eat?

Third are you pushing yourself at the gym?

Lastly, have you had any changes to your shape/size of clothing?