Help! Sweet Tooth Attack!

Options
Well, I started eating better this week and haven't had any sweets and now I'm having a craving but don't want to mess up my efforts. I don't have any in the house but I'll be leaving soon and passing by several 7-eleven's and such. What suggestions do you all have that can help make it go away?!

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Get something small...use control and moderation. I mean, you could eat fruit or something healthy but sweet, but I've found if I deprive myself, I end up binging later. I'll get 1 candy bar or a little thing of ice cream (though I usually try to keep skinny cow products in my fridge for that reason) and indulge a little and then move on.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll just buy a little piece of chocolate...like those lindor truffles? Just a little taste is enough to take away the craving and it's cheap on calories.
  • kashworth89
    Options
    I find having an orange or some pineapple helps (I suppose any not overly sweet fruit). Or even better something sharp and vinegary like gherkins or pickled onions :)
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting up strawberries and banannas and drizzling a little bit of fresh honey on them.!! Sweet and delicious AND Healthy!!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yes! Skinny cow ice creams are good too!
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    I wish I could help. I clicked on this to see what others would say. I have a pretty strong sweet tooth. I try to only eat sweets that I make myself (other than chocolates). So if I want a chocolate chip cookie, I have to go through the work of making a batch. I have decided to minimize the processed foods I eat so buying sweets is really out of the question. It seems to work for me.

I probably eat a piece of chocolate everyday. I make sure it is really good chocolate, so just a little satisfies my craving. I make sure I log everything right away. Usually I log sweets before I eat them. Sometimes seeing how many calories I am about to eat will change my mind.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Well, I started eating better this week and haven't had any sweets and now I'm having a craving but don't want to mess up my efforts. I don't have any in the house but I'll be leaving soon and passing by several 7-eleven's and such. What suggestions do you all have that can help make it go away?!

Don't take any money out with you, drive a different route, eat some fruit.
  • KatsFitNow
    KatsFitNow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just bought a bottle of Starbucks Light Mocha for 100 calories at the grocery store. It's made parially with Splenda and will be sweet enough if that's the kind of treat your looking for! But yes- don't fully deprive!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    SparX xylitol candy. I don't think you can get it in any gas station, I've only seen it in the health food stores. I buy mine online.
  • New_Jayme
    Options
    Thanks all, these are some great tips :-)
  • sarahmariej
    Options
    Maybe even a yogurt, i feel those help sometimes. Ive gotten the whipped chocolate yogurt before, its nice and sweet and smooth but also pretty good for you! :)
  • misskriistina
    Options
    Smoothie!!!! I also buy these mini biscotti dark chocolate .... ! No fructose or corn syrup.... But I love smoothies!
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    50/50 chocolate, found in the dietetic/health food aisle in the graocery store, it's chocolate for diabetics, and it tastes great. It's so rich, in fact, that I could not eat the serving size listed on the wrapper.

I think the 'just say no' and driving a different route is better, but if you absolutely must, 50/50 is a decent alternative.
  • gay42
    gay42 Posts: 1
    Options
    I keep a made up Weight Watchers Jelly in the fridge at all times and it's no Calories it sure helps the sweet attack. Hope this helps.