help

Options
:sad: can anyone help,i have been doing this now for 6 weeks now and have lost 9 lbs and it was easy at first but now i am struggling to stay to my calorie allowance and i am also feeling hungary all the time.can anyone tell me why this is.

cheers,
craig (glasgow}

Replies

• shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up!Nine pounds is great!Slow and steady wins the race in MFPville!
    The more you exercise,the more you can eat!Are you eating your exercise calories?
    Also,sounds boring at first,but fresh fruits and vegetables are very low in calories and you will learn to love them:smile:
    Good luck!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    1) Are you sure your calorie goals are high enough?
    2) Are you adding to that calorie goal each day, based on how many calories you burn exercising?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie allowance?
    I'd bet dollars to doughnuts you're not eating enough.
  • craigeff
    craigeff Posts: 24
    Options
    1630:drinker:
  • skinnyjess00
    skinnyjess00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water! I drink 72 oz. per day and it fills me up when I'm hungry in between meals!
  • craigeff
    craigeff Posts: 24
    Options
    ok thanks everyone.:wink::wink: :wink:
  • kristirufener
    Options
    Try snacks that are high in fiber- almonds are my favorite.

The fiber fills you up longer.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    1630:drinker:

That seems kind of low to me for a man. Do you have your settings set to lose 2 pounds a week or something? And if you do, are you extremely obese? Because if you're not extremely obese, you should probably chose a setting more like 1 pound a week.

Other than that, try eating more protein, more fiber, and drinking plenty of water. Try to get protein and fiber packed into every meal and snack. Ever since I started focusing on my protein intake (which is 100g-120g on 1300-1400 calories a day), I haven't been hungry at all between meals. :smile: I've also felt a LOT better and have more strength & endurance.