How to determine nutrition info for a recipe? Help

Options
My wife makes a delicious veggie bar recipe and I am trying to figure out how to find the nutrition info. They are probably incredibly fattening...

Anybody have a good method of determining this.

VEGGIE BARS
2 pkgs. (8 oz.) crescent rolls
2 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 c. Hellmann's mayonnaise
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing (original)
1 c. Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c. each raw vegetables, chopped small (broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms (fresh), green peppers, tomatoes)

Unroll crescent rolls and arrange to cover 12x15 jelly roll pan. Beat 1 egg and spread over crust. Bake according to directions on package or until lightly brown. Cool.

Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, salad dressing mix and spread over crust. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and veggies. Lightly press into cream cheese mixture. Chill 2 hours or cut into bars.

Thanks - Keith

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Click the food tab.
    Click the recipes tab.
    Enter ingredients.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    MFP has a recipe builder. Under your food tab is a recipe tab, go there and enter the information. It is a wonderful tool!
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The recipe builder here on MFP is great! I input this recipe in (because it sounds delicious and I might want to try it) and I said it yielded 8 servings and it is pretty high calorie.

Calories Carbs Fat Fiber Sodium Protein
    Total: 5301 227 455 4 9275 105
    Per Serving: 663 28 57 1 1159 13

You could definitely lighten this up with reduced fat crescent rolls, light cream cheese, light mayo, and 2% cheddar. I bet that would change the stats signifigantly.
  • djenah79
    Options
    yeah just add each of the ingredients and determine your portion size for each. There with probably some guestimating, but it will likely be pretty close...
  • weapher
    weapher Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks for the replies... Got it figured out.

Looks like I wont be eating many of these :ohwell:
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've made something similar - it's delicious.

I've never used the mayo / ranch dressing - I usually use goat cheese, or allouette, rondelle / boursin cheese sausage, peppers and onions. Just using veggies would be good too!

ETA: usually serve as an app at the holiday's and it serves many more than 8. I think even if using as a meal you could feed 10 peeps. especially if serving other items iwth it.