Slow weight loss .... Shrinking fast

Options
When I get on the scale I just want to scream. How could I have gained weight?? I just bought new pants because my old ones are literally falling off my body.
Has anyone else ever dealt with this? It seems like my body is shrinking but gaining mass.
I've been eating right (keeping my sodiums and sugars in check.) drink mainly water.
I have a regular cardio/strength routine. About 45 minutes a day. Somedays I'll push extra hard.
I guess it really doesn't bother me as long as I'm seeing results and feeling great, I just want to know if anyone might have gone through this and found out useful info.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    ok so you're losing inches and you're mad?? stop obsessing over the scale. it is the devil.
  • GanjaBall
    GanjaBall Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't make me mad to see some results and not others, but, it does raise concern...
  • GanjaBall
    Options
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You are losing fat and gaining lean muscle. Muscle takes up less space than fat, weight for weight. You are doing everything right by the sound of it!
  • jmkrt
    jmkrt Posts: 14
    Options
    This is my opinion (because it's the same for me), that you're not seeing the numbers because you're gaining muscle. Since muscle weighs more than fat, the numbers often lie. I'll just finish with this, if your feeling great and losing inches, than don't worry about what the scales says. How you're feeling about yourself is more important than the numbers on the scale.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Remember that lean muscle burns more calories than any other tissue type. So, you may not be seeing the scale results you want to right now, but as your body's proportions change, and come closer to your "critical mass" of lean muscle, your metabolism is changing as well. Once you hit that critical mass point, you'll start seeing some astonishing losses in both muscle and inches. That's why skinny/ muscled people can seem to eat the entire buffet and not gain an ounce.

So, even though you're not loosing NOW, you are loosing! It can just be frustrated in the short run like the others have stated because of the difference in muscle weight VS fat weight.
  • GanjaBall
    Options