breast reduction

Options
I am 25yrs old I have two children and my tubes tied so we are definitely done having children I wear a size 32 g bra and I have chronic pain from my breasts being so large has any one ever gotten a breast reduction? I am curious what to expect and if looking into a reduction would be a good idea for me

Replies

• BoatReadyBody
    Options
    pics or it did not happen... 32 G. All joking aside I lost 3 cup sizes since I lost weight. Maybe you should wait till you hit your weight goal then decide. Hate to hear it causes pain. I bet workouts would be easier
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have an aunt that got hers reduced and loves it. They were giving her really bad back pain. But if you are going to be losing 50+ lbs of weight then I would wait until after you lose that weight because they are going to shrink when you lose weight. So if you get them reduced, and then lose the weight, you may end up with smaller boobs than you want. Just my two cents.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    pics or it did not happen... 32 G.

and that's why we're friends
  • kluaneb
    kluaneb Posts: 13
    Options
    I had my second reduction in May 2011. I combined with with another surgery, so honestly, I never felt any pain from my reduction surgery at all - it was all on my other surgical area - my stomach.

What you can expect is different for each person. I personally have an extremely high tolerance of pain and it was completely worth it to me. Talk to a surgeon and do your research. After my second reduction, I can see my feet, and my arms can lie flat against my sides. You can expect the incisions to hurt in cold weather, but you can also expect to fit clothes better.

And as for if it is a good idea for you, only you can answer that. I have never spoken to someone who has regretting getting a reduction.

Don't be afraid to ask me questions if you have them. I am very open about my surgeries and have shown my before and after photos to tons of people.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a breast reduction done, but I feel your pain!! I have always wanted to get it done, but it never seemed to be the right time. I hate having big boobs!! I too am a G cup!! UGH!! That is just too much IMO!! All I was going to say is, if you can get it done, and it will make you have less pain, then do it!! Do your research and find a good surgeon. My sister had it done years ago and simply loved her new and improved perky ones!!

Good luck to you!!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I work on a women's health med/surg unit as an RN and we get breast reduction patients from time to time. There is pain but not compared to what I usually see with other surgeries. But it is not painless. I know in our area we have patients that go outpatient and don't even stay in the hospital. You have to be really careful with pushing and pulling for a while and listen to your body. Whatever you end up doing, good luck with it. :)
  • AndreaWard
    Options
    I had a breast reduction in June of 2011. I went from a 42gg to a 42C. I do not regret it at all! I would do it again in a heart beat. I too am done having children. My confidence went through the roof and my clothes fit so much better. My back, shoulder and neck pain is gone. You will not regret it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    is the pain from improper posture? i think a lot of women who blame their back pain on their boobs have terrible posture.

i know it seems weird to keep your shoulders down and back and chest up when you have tig ole bitties since that makes them even more prominent, but you have to.

with that said i had a BR when i was 18. i was something like 30 JJ then and still growing. the rest of me was pretty thin too, which made them look even more ginormous.

at the time it was the BEST thing i could have done. it helped so much with my body image besides that i finally could really start playing sports like i wanted since i had such a difficult time in high school with sports bras
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Google
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I had one in 2005. Best decision...ever. Mine weren't weight affected... I was a 36DDD when I was in high school and only 100lbs soaking wet! I have back issues and they were making it worse. The shoulder pain went away within a few months of having it done.

I should mention.. I'm a full 36C now. It makes a world of difference in how bras fit, clothes fit, etc.

And I disagree with the comment that women blame bad posture on the weight of their breasts. Large, heavy breasts cause bad posture because of the strain they put on your shoulders, etc. The size of your breasts ARE the problem not the posture. I can say this without a doubt as my posture is better now and the pain is gone. They WERE the problem.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    is the pain from improper posture? i think a lot of women who blame their back pain on their boobs have terrible posture.

i know it seems weird to keep your shoulders down and back and chest up when you have tig ole bitties since that makes them even more prominent, but you have to.

with that said i had a BR when i was 18. i was something like 30 JJ then and still growing. the rest of me was pretty thin too, which made them look even more ginormous.

at the time it was the BEST thing i could have done. it helped so much with my body image besides that i finally could really start playing sports like i wanted since i had such a difficult time in high school with sports bras

I agree with you. I only have 32DD (yeah I said only lol) But I think a lot of my back/neck pain comes from slouching. I hit puberty at a really young age, and I got picked on quite a bit for being the only girl in elementary school who had boobs. So I started slouching to try and hide them. Now i'm having a hell of a time trying to retrain myself not to slouch.

But G's may be another story. If it will make you feel better, go for it.

Edited to add- If they were large before you gained weight, chances are they won't shrink too much. It's only the layer of fat on top of the breast that will decrease, not the breast tissue itself. I naturally have big ones, so when I lose weight the amount that I lose from them is minimal.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction back in 2005 I went from 36DDD to a 36C I put on weight so now they are a 38D but I'm fine with that. I did not have any real pain the only problem I had is that my incision underneath one of my breast opened up a little which took longer to heal. As of these days every now and again I get a slight shock in one of my breast but that's it. I'm glad I did it, I felt so much better afterwards and the lower back pains I once had went away completely.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

And I disagree with the comment that women blame bad posture on the weight of their breasts. Large, heavy breasts cause bad posture because of the strain they put on your shoulders, etc. The size of your breasts ARE the problem not the posture. I can say this without a doubt as my posture is better now and the pain is gone. They WERE the problem.
    we're saying the same thing.

that's still bad posture. the strain causes you to round forward. which means your posture changes, right? which means you have bad posture :smile:

which is that can be easily fixed by keeping the shoulders back and down. it might have to be conscious reminded to do it , especially since some women with large boobs will unconsciously hunch forward as a way to make their boobs less visible.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 42H before my weight loss (now a 32F). I never had back issues though when I hurt my shoulder, the weight of them pulling down in the front has made it difficult for my shoulder to heal. My physical therapist had me wear bras with crisscross straps (or you can get bra clips to help keep your straps off your shoulders) and also suggested I strengthen my back muscles so they could help compensate for all the pull in front (and it improves your poster).

But if you are committed to losing weight, definitely wait until you hit your goal weight because you will lose a lot of fat in your chest and it will change the shape of your breasts (mine look sort of like wet sand in pantyhose now). Better to do once instead of twice.
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am not far from my goal weight and I had a personal trainer for a while the band size shrunk but the cup size didn't and I had big breats even when I was super thin so the fear of them being too small isnt an issue the surgery is I know some women lose sensation and I am not a good patient but I work out consistently and eat healthier than anyone I know yet they wont shrink and usually thats the first thing to go im glad to hear women have done it and not regretted it I am a mother and yet no matter what top I wear all you see us boobs and it makes me self conscious since at 5'2" most people are looking down to me its hard not to just see boobs as for the people who have disrespectful comments no you will not see a picture of my breasts and dont leave a comment if you are not going to be helpful
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I so hear you on this one. I was going to suggest waiting til you got closer to goal, but if you're already close, I would consider it.

I went from a DDD to a B after losing 90 lbs, and had I lost the weight but not the boobs, I definitely would have gone through with the procedure.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I only want to lose about 10lbs so thats not going to make them go away i just wish there was something I could do other than surgery to shrink them but last year this time I was a 36ddd and as I lost inches I went to a 32g that was extremely disappointing to me
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

that's still bad posture. the strain causes you to round forward. which means your posture changes, right? which means you have bad posture :smile:

which is that can be easily fixed by keeping the shoulders back and down. it might have to be conscious reminded to do it , especially since some women with large boobs will unconsciously hunch forward as a way to make their boobs less visible.

I have to say no, posture is a separate thing. I was in ROTC in high school...posture was a must for standing at attention. And I had an old fashioned grandmother that taught me with a book on my head when I was younger. I, to this day, sit on the edge of a chair & am ram-rod straight....but with a LOT of back pain due to my G cups. My breasts are a strain on my neck, back, shoulders, etc...despite good posture!! I've even worn corsets to try & provide extra back support...and it's very minimal in reducing the pain. I don't like pain meds (well, they don't like me), so if Advil doesn't kick it, I hurt.

I see a chiropractor & she's helping me get insurance approval to get these puppies gone! I can go up & down in weight & it doesn't have an effect (lost 50 lbs 2 yrs ago...cup size didn't budge), so I've decided it's time. My youngest is 4 & I'm done having kids, so it's beyond time! Just had gallbladder surgery, so my deductible is already met for this year...why not?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    as a guy i would live with the pain my ginormous member causes me and cant imagine getting surgery to reduce its size so i can be comfortable.

and that is the difference between men and women :)

btw ladies...the line forms over there
    >
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

I have to say no, posture is a separate thing. I was in ROTC in high school...posture was a must for standing at attention. And I had an old fashioned grandmother that taught me with a book on my head when I was younger. I, to this day, sit on the edge of a chair & am ram-rod straight....but with a LOT of back pain due to my G cups. My breasts are a strain on my neck, back, shoulders, etc...despite good posture!! I've even worn corsets to try & provide extra back support...and it's very minimal in reducing the pain. I don't like pain meds (well, they don't like me), so if Advil doesn't kick it, I hurt.

I see a chiropractor & she's helping me get insurance approval to get these puppies gone! I can go up & down in weight & it doesn't have an effect (lost 50 lbs 2 yrs ago...cup size didn't budge), so I've decided it's time. My youngest is 4 & I'm done having kids, so it's beyond time! Just had gallbladder surgery, so my deductible is already met for this year...why not?

my cup size doesnt seem to budge either (actually that's not true they've gone up since i've only lost in the band).

if you decide to do the surgery then good luck. i've done it before and i'm glad i did it at the time even though they came back (because of me gaining 80 pounds). also the nipple sensitivity DOES come back. i was told when i had mine it wouldnt but in the last few years it has, so i guess the means the nerves are growing back little by little
    as a guy i would live with the pain my ginormous member causes me and cant imagine getting surgery to reduce its size so i can be comfortable.
    i personally got tired of getting into trouble every time i face punched and knee'd some a*hole who accidentally on purpose would brush up against my boobs. for me it was a matter of not having to open up a can of whoop @ss practically every day. besides that i used to be an athlete and if you think it's hard finding a suitable sports bra NOW, imagine what it was like 20 years ago :laugh: