What do you eat for lunch at work?

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing everyday for lunch. Its 3 pieces of Talapia and a cup of brown rice. I do not get bored with it as I always add different seasoning to the talapia and rice.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, PB sandwich on whole grain or multi grain bread, carrots and/or cucumber, a banana, grapes or some other in seasons fruit/berries, string cheese & an apple.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same thing every day. LOTS of fresh cucumbers, carrots, and bell peppers with some sort of dip (usually a smoked salmon or greek yogurt dip) and a chicken sausage. Sometimes I'll even throw in a string cheese because I like to live on the edge.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Sandwich (rye bread, lunchmeat, cheese, deli mustard), 2 pickles, 9 grape tomatos, diet coke.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday I had seafood mac & cheese, strawberry lemonade with a shot of Stoli, and creme brulee.

But that was a special lunch :)

I've been having soup a lot lately. Or sushi. For a while I would eat a 6 inch sub a couple times a week. Or a Lean Cuisine.
  • mytink03
    mytink03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Raisin Rack or any other Health Food store near by? They usually have an automatic peanut butter or almond butter machine (and sometimes peanut butter with carob) Get a little container of that with celery or Crunch Master Multi Grain (Gluten Free) crackers. Soooo filling and yummy!
  • mytink03
    mytink03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not boring at all!! I LOVE eating the same things over and over :) Congrats on your progress..looks like you are Rockin'!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Leftovers usually. Or a sandwich wrap, or hummus or peanut butter with veggie or apple slices, or cottage cheese with tomatoes and spinach or arugula.

Today I'm having leftover roasted sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts and some nuked edamame in pods.
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get great crock pot recipes from Skinnytaste.com. I make them Sunday night and eat them all throughout the week - they reheat really well in the microwave. I usually run out by Friday so on Fridays I either have a salad from the caffeteria or I bring in tuna salad.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If I have leftovers I will bring those (lentil soup, turkey chili etc.)

But, it's usually salad with some type of protein (tuna, chicken, beans etc.)

Once in a while I will get sushi.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Peruse other people's diaries for ideas too.......that helped me a LOT when I was first starting out,
    having NO idea what were good, healthy, portable food stuffs......

I'm back into the work force after an accident, and I've slipped back into the lazy disordered eating
    and while I think I just don't have the time to plan my lunches out- it's easier to grab something while I'm in town,
    the old pounds are finding their way back as well.......

Back to the 'ol drawing board.

Might be too busy to plan, but gonna HAVE to sit my butt down and make a plan.
    That's the one way to get back to where I was, where I want to be.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    So i go through phases ... i'll be good and make healthy sandwhiches/salads/fruit for lunch and then i'll get into pre-packaged Smart One's type meal mode.

I am currently in pre-packaged mode :yawn:

So let's here what you all eat for lunch at work so i can get some ideas and jump start my healthy make your own lunch mode again! Also, i'm not a left over person so that's not really an option for me since when i cook the night before or make something i make just enough for that moment in time.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! :drinker:

I dont understand the "im not a left over person". My sister is the same way and I really dont get it. Do you know how much simpler ( and how much more money you'd have the end of the month) if you just cooked at least one extra serving with your dinner for lunch the next day?
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I either make extra dinner and take it for lunch the next day, or I make a tuna or salmon salad with avacado, veggies, some lemon juice and eat it with rice crackers and some extra veggies on the side. And an apple. Always an apple. I'm a creature of habit.
  • beachbound2014
    Options
    Progresso soup...They have alot of variety and even though the whole can is 2 servings it's not too many calories. 10 crackers because I like alot of crackers (I used to put a WHOLE lot more in my soup, LOL). And a Yoplait Light Yogurt (90-100 calories) again alot of variety.
  • marianneread
    marianneread Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1. whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter & apple
    2. soup
    3. burrito bowl with brown rice, grilled chicken, salsa, and black beans - homemade or Chipotle (I only eat half of the Chipotle one and have the rest the next day)
    4. sushi
    5. pasta salad with a light vinaigrette, grilled chicken, and lots of veggies
    6. sandwich and carrot sticks

As all the others said, it's too bad you don't eat leftovers. I cook on the weekends and portion out leftovers for lunch and dinner.
  • Lbradd
    Lbradd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know you said that you don't like left overs, but it's definitely the way to go! I usually set aside a day or two a week to cook up a big batch of boneless chicken breast. I usually bring 4-6 ounces of chicken to work a day (sometimes more if I'm going to class right after work and need to eat dinner on the road) with some veggies and I always grab bananas or clementines. Lately I've been on a petite sweet potato and chicken kick. On Sunday I bought a 3 pack of boneless breast and cut them all in half length wise to get six. If I wasn't feeling chicken I'd grab a can of tuna. Also, I always have some Amy's soups on hand for the times that I REALLY don't feel like cooking or going to the store for anything. Amy's brand is organic and delicious! They also have frozen meals which are delicious. I will sometimes buy those as well for my busy days. They have limited ingredients compared to other frozen meals and you don't have to worry about hidden ingredients in them.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    After I get home from work and eat dinner (which I keep quick and simple, like scrambled eggs, or smoked sausage and steamed vegetables), I begin planning my meals for the next day. I enter it in MFP and make sure I have the macros right, then I prepare it that night. I do pretty easy stuff that can cook while I watch TV or read, usually baked chicken or pork chops, with either salad or some type of vegetable that can simmer on the stove top (green beans, broccoli, zucchini, etc), along with some brown rice or a sweet potato. I like to experiment with different seasonings for both the meat and the vegetables. Sometimes I combine the same type of items for soup and let that simmer. Once it's all done, I pack it up in my lunch bag, along with my snacks for the day (yogurt, fruit, cheese sticks, nuts & raw veggies), and then in the morning I just grab my bag out of the fridge and go. Today I switched it up a bit by making a wrap out of Flat Out bread spread with Laughing Cow Spreadable Cheese, lunch meat, spinach, red bell pepper, and a 100 calorie pack of guacamole. It was pretty yummy. I had yogurt and almonds for my morning snack, and this afternoon I'll eat an apple and a cheese stick. I also have a bag of uncooked snow peas in the fridge to snack on it I get hungry.
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Left overs. I just stick it in a small tupperware as I am cleaning up the dishes. And waalaah.. easy peasy.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Today I had raosted butternut squash, and peanut butter on sesame melba rounds.. YUM!
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty boring, but try to keep it low in calories. Usually half of a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with mustard along with a piece of fruit. I'll also have a yogurt, string cheese, pretzels, nuts, portioned chips, etc. I also occasionally will do a can of low sodium soup or hard boiled eggs with the same "sides." That gives me enough variety.

I also spend half my lunch break speed-walking (I have a full hour for lunch). That has been the most beneficial to me. When I commit to that it keeps me from grabbing extra food from the vending machine or from going to get fast food. Plus, it covers my cardio for the day!