Is working out 4x a week good enough?

Options
I usually work out 5x per week (on the weekdays) and have my weigh-ins on Saturday mornings. If I were to just take a break today, but did a workout on Friday (to make 4 workouts total) and stayed within my daily calorie count of 1200 calories/day...would I still lose weight by my weigh in? Or would I gain? I've been flawless dietwise this week so far, and have worked out Monday-Wednesday, always being below my calorie goal. Thanks!

Hill

Replies

• jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    You'll definitely be fine. Every now and then your muscles need a break. If you stay within your calories you shouldn't gain. It really depends on how fast you are losing, but I definitely don't see one day off, and behaving with your calories causing a back slide. Exercising just helps burn calories and build muscle (which burns more calories). You CAN actually lose weight without any exercise at all - you'll just plateau more often.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine, and your body might actually benefit from the break. In general, working out more than 4x/week will burn people out, then they'll get discouraged. Remember, this is suppose to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary thing.