VITAMINS

Options
So I decided to try and take a daily one a day womens vitamin. Here is my problem every time I do I get an upset stomach and feel like I am going to vomit. Can anyone tell me why or if there is a a vitamin thats better than others??

Replies

• kristirufener
    Options
    What time of day do you take the vitamin?

I take the off brand of Women's One a Day- and I found that if you take it at night after a meal, it sits better.

Try either taking it with food, a lot of water, or at night instead of the morning.
  • jwcrater31
    Options
    you must take the vitamin after you eat, and drink at least an 8 oz glass of water.
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    You have to take ALL vitamins with food. I have the same problem if I don't eat something. Always take it after breakfast...or at least after a handful of crackers.

All multi-vitamins will be this way...as well as minerals and supplements...
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    PP are correct. If I remember right it is because of the influx of vitamin B - which is supposed to boost your metabolism. If you eat it on an empty stomach, it has nothing to burn.
  • thomlora
    thomlora Posts: 16
    Options
    try eating the gummie bear vitamins, I eat two of the childrens gummie bears! No stomach problems!
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options
    as stated above, take your vitamins with food and a whole glass of water. but another thing you can do (which has helped me) is to find a multi that you are supposed to take 2 or 3 times a day to equal an entire daily dose. spreading out the vitamin amount can seriously ease vomit urges!! i take the trader joe's women's multi and it's a 3-a-dayer and i love it...haven't felt like yacking once!!!
  • lrobin09
    lrobin09 Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to take mine after breakfast, and for some reason still feel sick. So now I take them after lunch...haven't had any problems since!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    as stated above, take your vitamins with food and a whole glass of water. but another thing you can do (which has helped me) is to find a multi that you are supposed to take 2 or 3 times a day to equal an entire daily dose. spreading out the vitamin amount can seriously ease vomit urges!! i take the trader joe's women's multi and it's a 3-a-dayer and i love it...haven't felt like yacking once!!!
    I second the Trader Joes women's.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    definetely take them after lunch. i usually do that. I get the same way if I take them in the morning.
  • sam4sure
    sam4sure Posts: 67
    Options
    I have the same problem and have played around with when I take vitamins, what kind of vitamins (pills or gummies), and still ocassionally get nauseous. I have taken them with food, with water, still get that side effect. So I usually take them every other day (since I've read you don't need to take vitamins every day) and that seems to be better. I'm guessing my body doesn't absorb it very well.