Calories, serving size & nutrition values

Options
1stday13
1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
Please, Please When you post a recipe please include the above. That is what we track on here :noway: . I see so many great sounding recipes all over MFP. The majority do not have that information. If you have made it surely you have that information, if not how do you post it in your diary? Please think about that the next time you post one of these fabulous sounding recipes :drinker: Thoughts anyone?

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If I'm really interested in some recipe and no one's posted any nutritional info, I type in the ingredients provided in my 'recipe' tab and go from there.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always enter the recipes in the recipe builder on here because I never trust anyone's calculations anyway, even when they are there. Lol!
  • 1stday13
    Options
    I have tried to use that several times. Maybe I am doing it wrong? It takes me to the data base and all the foods listed. It doesn't take me to an ingredient. I can't find plain ingredients. Maybe you have suggestions of what I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :flowerforyou:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you need to search for the ingredients, and then, when you click okay, they add the ingredient to the recipe builder. Sometimes things can be a little tricky to find, though. For example, regular white sugar is listed as "granulated sugar (sucrose)." :huh:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You are welcome for this link :-P

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Easy as 1,2,3.
  • 1stday13
    Options
    You are welcome for this link :-P

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Easy as 1,2,3.
    You are a Sweet Heart First Class :love: . I even had that web site already saved for other things. Didn't know that was there! I shall try it out tomorrow :flowerforyou:
    Thank You
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amount of servings is defiantly needed. But since calories for food vary by brand it is better to figure out the nutritional info on your own.

BTW if you have an android or iphone the recipe builder is awesome all you have to do is scan the bar-code and all the nutritional information populates. The only issue I have is converting the measurements in the recipe to the measurements that are listed for the food I am adding.
  • 1stday13
    Options
    I have an android, I have figure out the scanner part. Is it on MFP or an app I need to install?
    Thanks you for that information :wink:
  • JDelphiki
    Options
    I have an android, I have figure out the scanner part. Is it on MFP or an app I need to install?
    Thanks you for that information :wink:

It is built into the MFP app. So first step is making sure you have the myfitnesspal app. You "may" have to install an app called barcode scanner (I already had it installed so I am not sure if it is a requirement.
  • JDelphiki
    Options
    I am going to add a picture tutorial for the recipe builder in the app:

Click add to diary:

PicsArt_1.jpg

Choose which meal you want the recipe for:

PicsArt_2.jpg

Click recipes:

PicsArt_12.jpg

Click create new recipes:

PicsArt_4.jpg

Add your Recipe name, how many servings and hit next:

PicsArt_5.jpg

Click add ingredient:

PicsArt_6.jpg

Hit the little barcode:

[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/klczeus/PicsArt_7.jpg[/img ] Scan your item:[/img]PicsArt_8.jpg

Edit serving size:

PicsArt_10.jpg

and hit add:

PicsArt_9.jpg

Add as many ingredients as you need (if there is no barcode you can use the search) then hit save Recipe:

PicsArt_11.jpg

Then hit add now