NOW I'm hungry...

arfletcher
arfletcher Posts: 143
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok - so my calories before exercise are supposed to be at 1430 - I was barely making 1000 but am working really hard to make at the very least 1200. Over the last few days I have been doing better - but I have been HUNGRY!
Normally I eat at my desk during the day - two snacks and my lunch - I was forgetting/getting too busy to remember to snack or eat until it was too late so I actually have email reminders for when I should snack/eat. The last few days though I have not needed the reminders - I AM HUNGRY!

Now could this just be because I am upping my cals?... I have been exercising a bit more - not a heck of a lot though. I am a fairly active person just by nature - walking to and from work - taking the stairs - all those little things. I have been taking an extra walk in the evenings if I can, but I didnt think that the small amount extra that I was doing was going to have that big of an affect on how hungry I was going to be.

I am at a loss! Anyone have any ideas...

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Your body probably needs those calories. Listen to what its telling you and as long as you're snacking healthfully and not on chips and candy - you're good!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    I agree with stylistchik, muscle burns more calories at rest than fat does so the more muscle you're building the more calories your body needs. make sure you're getting extra protein to help build & maintain the lean muscle, it'll help you feel fuller, longer too!

Also things that help me is I always have water at my desk and I make a lot of tea while I'm at work. It helps keep me from snacking mindlessly, and instead I drink mindlessly :):)
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    I am always ravenous the week before I get my AF

Is it that time soon?
  • arfletcher
    I am always ravenous the week before I get my AF

Is it that time soon?

:bigsmile: yes - but I hadnt even considered that!
  • arfletcher
    I agree with stylistchik, muscle burns more calories at rest than fat does so the more muscle you're building the more calories your body needs. make sure you're getting extra protein to help build & maintain the lean muscle, it'll help you feel fuller, longer too!

Also things that help me is I always have water at my desk and I make a lot of tea while I'm at work. It helps keep me from snacking mindlessly, and instead I drink mindlessly :):)

I have been more likely lately to reach for protien than other things - I havent had chips or candy in more than 6 weeks! and havent really been missing them

I forgot about tea! I have a box of peppermint sitting on my desk - thanks for the reminder :happy:

I brought alot more veggies with me today to snack on and extra almonds - so I'm hoping its gonna help
This discussion has been closed.